Planning my first visit to Amsterdam, NL

relz

Reaction score
As the Title says, I'm flying over to Amsterdam Netherlands for my first time, next month.
I'm already excited :)

Officially, I'll be attending a conference, but the conference is only during work hours, which leaves all the after hours + weekend free B)

I have three (work unrelated) goals for my visit:
  1. Do some basic sightseeing around the historic city - IMO a must in every trip
  2. Party all night - Hey, it's Amsterdam ;)
  3. Buy some motorcycle gear - Where I come from everything is over priced and the selection is poor

I'm not worried about point 1 (the sightseeing), as my hotel is located right in the middle of the historic city, and I have one full day off to walk around and see the sights.

I am looking for some insider tips regarding points 2 and 3.

I've got the Saturday night free to go clubbing. I'm looking for a really good club, where I can spend the whole night with a fun crowd, getting drunk and dancing to good electronic music (e.g. I wouldn't mind hearing Armin Van Buuren live again). Since I've only got the one night, I want to make sure I go to the right place.

I'm looking to buy a good pair of riding boots, most likely touring style, but I'm reluctant to buy them online without trying them on first. If you know of one or two motorcycle gear shops, that have a nice selection and are located down-town I'd like to know about them.
I'm also considering buying some protection for my bike, like those Evotech frame sliders that you're all raving about, so if you know of a shop (online or local) that I can buy from I'd appreciate that too.

So if you're local to Amsterdam (I know there are a couple of Dutchmen in the crowd), or happen to know some of the info I'm after, I'd appreciate you dropping a note.

The first person to give me a good tip and come visit me when I'm over there, gets a free beer :D

flydnb

Reaction score
I met a girl in Amsterdam when I went on a stag weekend, turned out this girl had a bigger willy than me.

M

MT account

ive been in a bar filled with beautiful women.....and they've all had bigger willies than me. if you start the evening off in a coffee shop it will all end up being fine......

relz

Reaction score
I met a girl in Amsterdam when I went on a stag weekend, turned out this girl had a bigger willy than me.
ive been in a bar filled with beautiful women.....and they've all had bigger willies than me. if you start the evening off in a coffee shop it will all end up being fine......

Thanks for the warnings.
(no offence if you intended them as good tips, rather than warnings... to each his own :p)

Besides that important information, does anyone else want to chip in?
I'd really like information regarding bike shops, as I'll only have a couple of hours to shop, and I want to make sure I go straight to the large/good shops.

Thanks.

motorcycleboy

Reaction score
Lagonisi Athens Greece, 37,5km from the city cente
I 've been twice in Dam, on christmas 1992 and on valentine's day 2002...
I have to recommend only coffeshops there.. i didh't clubbing.
Also there is the famous Mike's Gym that produce kick-boxing champions.
I like Rembrands museum/house, Vincent Van-Gong's art, Anna's Frank House, and some other that my memory doesh't help me to remember now...
About the moto-market there is nothing special... seems like Berlin which has a couple of shops with poor variety and prices as Greece (but without discount...).
I f you want to find all the brands, variety, latest models and good prices you have to buy from P.I.G.S...... (Portugal, Italy, Greece, Spain)..
Amsterdam has good market for sex items..

Allthough at Amsterdam in 1992 i met a beautyfull girl named Judith, half Indonesian (mother) and half Dutch (father)...

M

MT account

i googled *judith amsterdam* and it would seem theres a choice of 25.........all working professionals n all...splendid!
judith.jpg

i googled *motorcycle shops amsterdam* too.............not much choice there.......:(

Snelle Snip

Reaction score
Hello Relz
I live in Belgium so I don't know Amsterdam so good. But trying to help a fellow MT-09r I googled a little bit in Dutch and that helped to find some motorshops with clothings in A'dam.
- Bikexperience, Netwerkweg 33
- Jordaan Motormarkt, Willemsstraat 25
- Motortoer, Jarmuiden 10
- Motor City Amsterdam, Jarmuiden 31 (sells Yamaha!)
- Motozoom Amsterdam, Jarmuiden 45
- Motoport Amsterdam, Spaklerweg 91
I suggest you google those names so you can have an idea about the shops.
Good luck and have a safe trip!

relz

Reaction score
Hello Relz
I live in Belgium so I don't know Amsterdam so good. But trying to help a fellow MT-09r I googled a little bit in Dutch and that helped to find some motorshops with clothings in A'dam.
- Bikexperience, Netwerkweg 33
- Jordaan Motormarkt, Willemsstraat 25
- Motortoer, Jarmuiden 10
- Motor City Amsterdam, Jarmuiden 31 (sells Yamaha!)
- Motozoom Amsterdam, Jarmuiden 45
- Motoport Amsterdam, Spaklerweg 91
I suggest you google those names so you can have an idea about the shops.
Good luck and have a safe trip!
Thanks!
Indeed the language does make it harder to find stuff on the web, so you help is much appreciated.

Actually a friend of mine is coming over from Belgium (he's an Israeli in Belgium for a couple of years, for a job) to join me for the weekend. If you happen to come by too, you get a beer on me.

Cheers.

Snelle Snip

Reaction score
Thanks for the invitation, but A'dam is rather a bit too far for me.
And I prefer to ride my bike in the weekend on the twisty roads of Germany, Luxemburg and the belgian Ardennes :)
Enjoy your stay in Holland.

relz

Reaction score
Thanks for all your tips, the trip was a great success from all aspects!

Meaning:
I survived the not too interesting conference.
I bought myself my first pair of riding boots, from MotoZoom (thanks snelle snip).
I went out all night, drank tons of beer, ate some brownies (I quit smoking), and was high and happy and had a great time :D
I did not meet any chicks with dicks.

Amsterdam is a beautiful and FUN city, I'll definitely want to visit there again.