Power bronze screen review

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Screen is on. Wednesday night ride-out is on....!
Will post my findings later tonight

Last edited:

Mitch

Reaction score
As with all your write ups look forward to it .... but please improve your photo uploading skills

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Pmsl. Sorry dude. Loaded them on my phone and it all went the way of the pear.
*note to self*

Must try harder [emoji20]

M

MT account

thats the same as my FZ......the 1 that gives me severe goggle buffetting around 130 kph

MT-Pete

Reaction score
I've had mine up to an indicated 135mph (on a closed track, of course) with no adverse buffeting from the Yam screen. Incidentally, the thing was still pulling like a train, I was running out of tarmac so couldn't carry on :)

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Power bronze screen fitted.....

Ok.......!
So I've just got in from a 95 mile Wednesday night lads ride-out.

Here's my initial findings of the powerbronze 270mm dark tinted screen.

When I had the Yamaha screen fitted I wud get buffeting under the helmet and the worlds supply of bugs hitting the visor at around 85-90 and although it wasn't anything of significance it was enough to make me think about getting a better screen, when I was "flat out" the buffeting was so bad my helmet was lifting up slightly off my head and it caused severe neck ache. Obviously if I tucked up it wasn't bad and was manageable but that's not the riding position we bought the bike for is it. It's a naked bike, if I wanted to ride around all tucked up I wud of kept my Gixxer.

So onto the new screen.....

Travelling at 85-90 sat up normally there was no buffeting at all and no bugs committing suicide.

110-120 was pretty much the same (still sat up normally)! Still no bugs.

Flat out there was a tiny bit of air pushing the helmet from side to side but nothing "out of the ordinary"!

With the Yamaha screen fitted I cudnt have the visor open whilst travelling at 30 without getting severe watery eye syndrome but with the powerbronze screen I managed to travel at 70 before I started to get watery eye syndrome and even then it was very minimal.

All in all this screen is absolutely perfect for wot I want/need to achieve whilst on the bike and my advice to anyone who is looking for a decent looking screen that stops the buffeting is to get this one. Powerbronze also do a taller screen which I'm assuming wud perform even better but IMO it looks like something off a DL1000 and is a bit too big for the MT but I guess that's down to personal preference.

Questions....comments....queries...?

Last edited:
M

MT account

heres the big 1.................too big for my liking. id cut 3" off the top edge and try and mount that bit on the top like those mra? screens for touring n then whip it off for town work.
20140807_193802.jpg

Chipfatbob

Reaction score
Based on your review, it sound like a good fix for me while I'm still deciding on a new lid. Can Sam help? :rolleyes:

Mitch

Reaction score
I shall be in touch with the lovely sam very soon

Last edited: