Power commander/ auto tune

Mtpete

Reaction score
Has anyone run a power commander and the auto tune on the MT09 yet? I was thinking about getting both and maybe the mapping switch too ( I think you loose A B and STD with a power commander please correct me if I'm wrong) has anyone got an opinion on this? My brother put a power commander on his 07 CBR 600 and it's great but after hard riding the bike surges at idol we're not sure why if any one could help with this too it would be appreciated.

marthy

Reaction score
Not at all... there's one fuel map for all mode in the ECU. All the mode do is change the throttle behavior. If you can get a map for your exhaust set up AT is a total waist of money... Get a PCV and upload the map for your bike. If you feel like getting more bring the bike to a good tuner on a dyno. Even better... for the same amount of $$$ you can get your ECU flash with the map for your exhaust. Then it does throttle, ignition and fuel for you. Done deal! :)

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Not at all... there's one fuel map for all mode in the ECU. All the mode do is change the throttle behavior. If you can get a map for your exhaust set up AT is a total waist of money... Get a PCV and upload the map for your bike. If you feel like getting more bring the bike to a good tuner on a dyno. Even better... for the same amount of $$$ you can get your ECU flash with the map for your exhaust. Then it does throttle, ignition and fuel for you. Done deal! :)
Ur correct buddy...!
I have a PCV and the map runs across all three modes and coz it's also had a race map dyno'd onto it B mode is more like STD mode was, STD mode is more like A mode was, and A mode is frickin mental lol

Mtpete

Reaction score
Ur correct buddy...!
I have a PCV and the map runs across all three modes and coz it's also had a race map dyno'd onto it B mode is more like STD mode was, STD mode is more like A mode was, and A mode is frickin mental lol
Lol!! Nice.