Pyramid Plastics Rear Hugger Extender

Spot

Reaction score
Well, I've had my Pyramid Plastics Rear Hugger Extender fitted for a couple of weeks now and in the last few days have had to ride through everything from light showers to downpours, and the verdict.......?
As far as I can tell it does naff all.
The back of the bike still gets covered in crap and more importantly so does my back.
Even when it's not actually raining and I've just been riding on wet roads the rear end still gets messed up, I really cannot tell any difference to before it was fitted.
So if you're thinking of getting one i'd recommend holding onto your cash for something better to come along :(

MT09_rear.jpg

crotchrocket

Reaction score
The wet back is from the rooster tail of water flying off the back wheel. If you want to stop that, you need to take a tangent line off the back tyre, line it up with the tail of the bike then extend your numberplate out to cross that line. My back was fine with a stock plate but with the smaller one on, my back is wet too!! I have been eying up the Aprilia Mana rear splash guard. its £100 and there is no reason i can see, that it wouldn't just bolt straight on the MT. A bit fugly, but a dremel would sort some of it out.

Birdy

Reaction score
Is that price new from Aprilla dealer , or ebay find C R ? I been looking for similar off bee emm , sure it could be made to fit .

Twozup

Reaction score
How do they attach crotchy? I assume it's some sort of plate that the wheel spindle goes through and sits snug when nut torques up?

Sent from my mind using my fingers

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just as a side note. Fitted the Rizoma tail tidy today and went for the Wednesday night lads ride out. Got caught in a down pour half way and thought "great....! Here comes the wet back, seat etc".... How wrong I was.... Not a drop of the wet stuff made it past the back end. Very happy indeed :)

ACE CAFE MEET FRIDAY 27th JUNE @ 6pm

Chris West

Reaction score
That looks better than that French one (which Im sooo close to getting) Im sick and tired of the mess

Hi TT, let us know how you get on long term with your Rizoma tail tidy solution.
Does it change the position of the plate substantially?
It wold definitely be a better option.

A picture would be useful ;-)

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
That looks better than that French one (which Im sooo close to getting) Im sick and tired of the mess

Hi TT, let us know how you get on long term with your Rizoma tail tidy solution.
Does it change the position of the plate substantially?
It wold definitely be a better option.

A picture would be useful ;-)
Hi Chris. Hope ur well and that we see u at Ace at the end of the month.

I will post pics for u all tomorrow.

The tidy has a really smart design where u can change the angle of the plate carrier and the whole tidy also slides forward and back so u can have it rite underneath the back end or have it sticking out and anywhere in between the two.
It's a really quality piece of Italian engineering and IMO the best looking tail tidy I've seen so far. Obviously I will let u guys be the judge of that.

ACE CAFE MEET FRIDAY 27th JUNE @ 6pm

crotchrocket

Reaction score
How do they attach crotchy? I assume it's some sort of plate that the wheel spindle goes through and sits snug when nut torques up?

Sent from my mind using my fingers
I would have thought so yes, but cant find a parts diagram!

Clinton_MT-09

Reaction score
Hi Spot, just found this thread on the internet and have now joined the forum.
I share your problem with the water splashing mate :-(

Any breakthroughs yet.

I have had my MT09 for a month and a bit, it's been raining here in Sydney and I am so fed-up with the back spray onto my back-pack carry bag:-(