Question for Wilbers or Nitron shock owners

Thunder Child

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Quick question for those with a Wilbers 641 or Nitron track shock or even the Matris:

Where does the preload collar sit? Under the tank or somewhere not stupid?

One of these is in my future but I don't want to 'need' to fork out for the hydraulic preload adjuster :p

Cheers

Last edited:

Thunder Child

Reaction score
There's no local support for Penske stuff in Australia which is a big turn off. But they do seem to be about the only guys who put together a shock the right way around for the MT.

l34chy

Reaction score
I have just ordered my Maxton gp10 rear shock and fork upgrade hopefully be done by next week.
Not cheap but they give excellent aftermarket service and advice with no compromise.
I know you can't get this but just sharing my endeavours to sort the handling issues

flipper

Reaction score
Nitron have the collar at the bottom, so it's accessible. So do Maxton and Ohlins.

I do not believe that Wilbers is the same. Hyperpro certainly are not.

sporti

Reaction score
There's no local support for Penske stuff in Australia which is a big turn off. But they do seem to be about the only guys who put together a shock the right way around for the MT.
I know, but all parts are easily replaced & any suspension shop worth their weight will be able to rebuild should you need it.. I went with the double clicker & couldn't be happier.

flipper

Reaction score
no reason you'd not be just as happy with a Nitron. If local support is an issue then avoid Maxton.

Thunder Child

Reaction score
Yeah, that's true. I'd not be overly upset going Nitron. I'll have to see if the suspension guy can get them. And if not whether I can get it myself and have him fit it.

Half the issue I have is I've got no idea who makes better quality gear between Wilbers, Nitron and Penske in the remote res double clicker market.

I had a Wilbers on my Street Triple and it was a very nice shock.

flipper

Reaction score
I've used Wilbers on a Speed Triple and a Daytona and the remote res shock I had was excellent.

On the MT09 I have the single clicker Nitron and it works very well. Anything you fit will be better than stock. If I had the money I'd go for the top spec Nitron.

They have at least thought out the preload adjustment problem.

PaulG

Reaction score
I've used Wilbers on a Speed Triple and a Daytona and the remote res shock I had was excellent.

On the MT09 I have the single clicker Nitron and it works very well. Anything you fit will be better than stock. If I had the money I'd go for the top spec Nitron.

They have at least thought out the preload adjustment problem.
The Nitron has an accessible preload adjuster for the MT-09 as well as the,shock body end,spring pedestal being adjustable.
So you can set your minimum ride height and have a full range of adjustment from there.
IMG_0573.jpg

PaulG

Reaction score
Yeah, that's true. I'd not be overly upset going Nitron. I'll have to see if the suspension guy can get them. And if not whether I can get it myself and have him fit it.

Half the issue I have is I've got no idea who makes better quality gear between Wilbers, Nitron and Penske in the remote res double clicker market.

I had a Wilbers on my Street Triple and it was a very nice shock.
The suspension guru,a former aviation engineer, that supplied my Nitron has been an Ohlins agent for years (some say his blood is not red,but yellow).He says the quality of the Nitron product is at least as good as Ohlins and in some areas it is better.