R&G Chain tensioner Blocks

Fishandchips

Reaction score
So Friday I got some new PR4's fitted, whilst fitting the back wheel I screwed the cheese blocks (chain tensioner blocks made from Edam I think)

I had read somewhere on this forum someone had used the R&G, I had a look and they seem more practical since the axle head is captive both sides and not just one. Why do they Yamaha have such a silly setup when the nuts torqued to 108lb/ft ?

Rang R&G at 4pm, they had stock, I asked if they could deliver Sat morning if I paid extra, they said make the order online and give them a ring and the'll do what they can.

Sat morning 10am the blocks arrived? I was not expecting them to actually arrive. Was sure it would be Monday or Tuesday. Fitted and out for 10.30......

Well done R&G for getting me the bits quick, well done for supplying a good quality product (the part number is CR0048BK) (no I don't work for them)

IMG_4063.jpg

IMG_4064.jpg

Kinjane

Reaction score
They're the very first thing I bought for mine :) but despite their superiority over the OEM item unfortunately they will eventually bruise.
I fitted some shims made from old feeler gauges to get the axle head a nice snug fit into the block to abate the distortion.

Fishandchips

Reaction score
I did notice there was still a bit of slack. Next time I loosen that wheel I'll jam some in too. Cheers for that.