raising the bike via suspension

guidow

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I was wondering if any of you have raised their mt 09. I would personally like to raise the motorcycle so I can skip on and off of curbs without my oil pan cracking. basically I want my bike to be more supermoto end less street :). Do you think it could be done with larger springs?

Cheers

marcusfordus

Reaction score
Anything is possible if you throw enough money at it.
Longer front forks will cost a fortune. If you raise the rear by itself the steering geometry will be shot to pieces, as standard it feels if your weight is pushed towards the front.

A custom sump bashplate could be your solution to not cracking the sump plug bolt.

M

MT account

theres another way to get an instant extra 40mm ground clearance but it is a bit costly.............2013-ducati-hypermotard-01.jpg

marcusfordus

Reaction score
When I looked at that, the first thing I noticed was how easy it must be to change that oil filter :rolleyes:

My Toy

Reaction score
[QUOTE A custom sump bashplate could be your solution to not cracking the sump plug bolt.[/QUOTE]
Also, NOT riding up kerbs would do it.:cool:

M

MT account

i quite fancy this 1 for my MT.......its got a locking compartment to keep some 2 pack glue and spare sump bungs in, just in case you catch a kerb a bit hard..........nice.003-21.jpg

crotchrocket

Reaction score
actually, how can you grind the engine when the exhaust is in the way first? I already dinked mine :(

M

MT account

the other think about raising the rear is the seat slopes downwards meaning youre constantly sliding forward on the seat........but your jeans stay put causing chaffing of the gentlemens veg. found that out yesterday after putting the shock up 2 notches. im putting it back down today n seeing if my veg are more comfortable

crotchrocket

Reaction score
the other think about raising the rear is the seat slopes downwards meaning youre constantly sliding forward on the seat........but your jeans stay put causing chaffing of the gentlemens veg. found that out yesterday after putting the shock up 2 notches. im putting it back down today n seeing if my veg are more comfortable

Yeah. If mrs rocket is on the back of my bike, the stock seat is perfect!!

M

MT account

Yeah. If mrs rocket is on the back of my bike, the stock seat is perfect!!
is she bookable? i feel like ive ridden a racing bycycle with those razorblade saddles today........ill be getting mine shaved when i get time

......the saddle i meant....

guidow

Reaction score
Thanks all for the reply's.. I kind of have to go on off curbs to go to work and back. Amsterdam has tiny little streets and I pop on off the curbs when traffic gets congested.. Only a few scrapes but some time I need to semi wheelie to get of a curb. Anyway, I will go to Hyperpro and ask if they can raise the bike up 5cm or so.. Keep you all posted

Cheers