Rear carriers

R6owdlad

Reaction score
I know this has been discussed a while ago but can anyone recommend a rear carrier?
Not sure whether to go for the Yammy one or some other make..
Any thoughts would be appreciated
Thanks
Tony

boro

Reaction score
I looked around and bought the OEM, it just seems to flow really well with the looks of the bike. It's a bit of a bummer to fit as you have to drill the rear side panels (from the inside after removing)

IMG_20140307_165900470_HDR.jpg

Bon

Reaction score
Mine is the genuine Yamaha one. Fitting time was around half hor. Mainly due to having to drill the holes as stated in the undertray / side panels.
Take the undertray /side panels off and the positions of the holes are marked in the plastic. Drill said holes, refit panels, fit carrier. Stand back and bask in the glow of another job done !

boro

Reaction score
Mine is the genuine Yamaha one. Fitting time was around half hor. Mainly due to having to drill the holes as stated in the undertray / side panels.
Take the undertray /side panels off and the positions of the holes are marked in the plastic. Drill said holes, refit panels, fit carrier. Stand back and bask in the glow of another job done !
About an hour here mainly because I didn't have the right size hole bore, so had to enlarge the holes about 1 mm.
The instructions are great, but as Bon says once you take the side panels off you will see the template holes on the inside of them.

loneranger

Reaction score
does any one know the size of the bolts that are used to hold in the carrier please.

boro

Reaction score
does any one know the size of the bolts that are used to hold in the carrier please.
Its not the size of the bolts its the fact the carrier itself has struts that go into the side covers, they are pretty big at 27mm. I also found them to be ever so slightly off...
Cheers

XB12X

Reaction score
The SW-Motech Alu-rack looks a lot neater than the OE one, in my opinion. It can take their quick fit adapter plates so one of their T-RaY top cases can click on to it. When you don't need the top case, you can quickly remove the adapter plate leaving a very stylish rack. I'm going to get this set-up.