Renntec sports rack

Banksy

Reaction score
Has anyone here fitted one to their MT yet? Or has used them in the past? Just interested to hear what people think of them that have used them.... Cheers..

Pool Boy

Reaction score
I used one on a 900 Diversion about 10 years ago
Mostly just bungeed bits and bobs to it but occasionally mounted a plate and top box when I needed to carry a bit more.
Quality and fit was fine, and it wasn't very expensive IIRC.
Of course security is none-existant but you're not constrained by the shape of a top-box, you can attach almost anything to a bare rack.

Never had one since then - but not because there was anything wrong with it - just didn't suit my needs anymore .

Yam MT 09

Reaction score
hi banksy , I've just fitted the renntec grab rail to my 09 , I know that's not the rack , but I think to fit the rack the procedure and the front part of the rack will be the same , fitting was straight forward and for the price the quality is really good , the delivery was fast and the fitting instructions were quite easy to follow , the only thing that was different were the four longer bolts supplied to re-fit the number plate hanger were no use as the original bolts were spot welded ! not the best looking mod but fit for purpose ( keeping the ball and chain in place ) and a reasonable price , cheers

Banksy

Reaction score
hi banksy , I've just fitted the renntec grab rail to my 09 , I know that's not the rack , but I think to fit the rack the procedure and the front part of the rack will be the same , fitting was straight forward and for the price the quality is really good , the delivery was fast and the fitting instructions were quite easy to follow , the only thing that was different were the four longer bolts supplied to re-fit the number plate hanger were no use as the original bolts were spot welded ! not the best looking mod but fit for purpose ( keeping the ball and chain in place ) and a reasonable price , cheers
Thanks for the replys. Went and got a rack yesterday. Fitting was a pain as the spot welded bolts on the plate hanger weren't long enough once the mounting hardware was in place. Ended up drilling their heads and removing them to use the bolts supplied with the rack. Now mounted it seems nice and strong.. Fit and finish is good.....