"Rider Triangle" MT-09 vs Street Triple

RipGroove

Reaction score
Got a little bored so decided to compare the MT-09's "Rider Triangle" to the Street Triple. (I was very bored)

Both assume that you are sat in the middle of the seat (sometimes hard on the MT-09)

GREEN = Yamaha MT-09
BLUE - Triumph Street Triple R

Yamaha MT-09

Triumph Street Triple R

Last edited:
M

MT account

i dunno about dem triangles but having 1 of each i can say im quite happy to be sat up more but getting very pissed off with having to think about every twist of the throttle on the MT whereas i can ride the street with me eyes shut......sort-of.....

RipGroove

Reaction score
i dunno about dem triangles but having 1 of each i can say im quite happy to be sat up more but getting very pissed off with having to think about every twist of the throttle on the MT whereas i can ride the street with me eyes shut......sort-of.....
I know exactly what you mean, I'm constantly having to concentrate on throttle control, getting very annoying.

Sent from outer space

biggiep

Reaction score
I know exactly what you mean, I'm constantly having to concentrate on throttle control, getting very annoying.

Sent from outer space
Guys if you haven't tried changing the C02 mixture for each cylinder to 14 then I urge you to do so it really transforms the bike and takes less than five minutes to do! 14 might not be right if on a stock exhaust but just play with it up to that and it cuts out all the jerkiness :)

Chris West

Reaction score
Interesting, I have the stock exhaust and have changed the settings to 14 for each cylinder but can't say it has cut out all that jerkiness. I still have to be very aware of my throttle control if I want to power smoothly lout of corners.
I gonna shave a little off the throttle cam as per Tox modification. Hopefully that will also help to relieve that binary throttle opening.

RipGroove

Reaction score
Mines also set at 14 but even when holding the throttle in a constant position the bike still jerking about on its own. Its been said many times that they bikes need a dyno tune but thats another £500 (£350 power comander, £150 dyno) on top of something that already cost me £7200.

Sent from outer space

Last edited:

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Mines also set at 14 but even when holding the throttle in a constant position the bike still jerking about on its own. Its been said many times that they bikes need a dyno tune but thats another £500 (£350 power comander, £150 dyno) on top of something that already cost me £7200.

Sent from outer space
I can sort out a PCV and dyno for way less than that....!

MT-09 Wheelie Wheelie mental.....!

paulrab

Reaction score
I can sort out a PCV and dyno for way less than that....!

Hey TT can you give me an idea on price as well? Since removing the baffles on the Akra the snatchy throttle has returned. I have the Co up to 14 on all 3 and have taken the slack out of the throttle cable.I might try cutting down the baffle and replacing it, or do i go higher than 14?? I don't really want to go throwing more money at the bike,but having to constantly be aware of throttle control is starting to detract from the fun i should be having.
Cheers.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hey TT can you give me an idea on price as well? Since removing the baffles on the Akra the snatchy throttle has returned. I have the Co up to 14 on all 3 and have taken the slack out of the throttle cable.I might try cutting down the baffle and replacing it, or do i go higher than 14?? I don't really want to go throwing more money at the bike,but having to constantly be aware of throttle control is starting to detract from the fun i should be having.
Cheers.
Sent u a PM.

RipGroove

Reaction score
Rip, you must have been VERY bored....I get round the jerky throttle by wheelying everywhere .:)
Yeah I was mate, so bored in fact that I went outside and weeded the driveway after.

Sent from outer space