road pilot 4

daz1963

Reaction score
Hi all. anyone got the road pilot 4s on there mt? just ordered some to be fit on Wednesday, as the bridgestones have gone proper square.at 2500 miles and don't really want the same again. the pilot 4s are not the official tyre so not sure if they are suited to the mt and was hoping someone might have them fit and offer me some feedback. Many thanks in advance.
Daz.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes Daz....! I'm on my 2nd rear now. Can't fault them at all. I changed the first rear at just over 4000 miles. It still had bags of tread left but was beginning to show slight signs of squaring. The front still looks brand new lol.

daz1963

Reaction score
cheers tt and slats. did you both have the bridgestones on before? are the pilots a lot better or just marginally?

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
cheers tt and slats. did you both have the bridgestones on before? are the pilots a lot better or just marginally?
I had the dunplops on but as I know how cack they are they came off before I left the dealership lol

daz1963

Reaction score
Cheers tt.
a lot of talk about how good they are in the wet. mainly ride in the dry so really want to know if they are good in the dry as they have a lot of tread and look like a wet race tyre. are they forgiving and are they as good as they say they are? thanks again for the input.
Daz.

adam

Reaction score
Hi all. anyone got the road pilot 4s onservice. e mt? just ordered some to be fit on Wedneinspiring. the bridgestones have gone proper square.at 2500 miles and don't really want the same again. the pilot 4s are not the official tyre so not sure if they are suited to the mt and was hoping someone might have them fit and offer me some feedback. Many thanks in advance.
Daz.
Ive had the pilots on after the dunlops did me to the first service. All I can say is awesome and so confidence inspiring.
They have tons of grip and heat up so fast. 4k in at the moment on these

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Cheers tt.
a lot of talk about how good they are in the wet. mainly ride in the dry so really want to know if they are good in the dry as they have a lot of tread and look like a wet race tyre. are they forgiving and are they as good as they say they are? thanks again for the input.
Daz.
I ride just as hard in the wet on them as I do in the dry... trust me u won't be able to ride these out of their limits... they give u loads of notice before they let go on u... they warm up super quick so no worries there either.

stevecbr

Reaction score
Will be putting these on next. Dont try the Bridgestone BT023's, they make the bike wobble like a bastard over 100mph! Have been in contact with Bridgestone, they dont seem bothered

daz1963

Reaction score
Thanks for the input. I didn't want to lash out a load of cash on tyres if they wasn't going to be right for the bike, but from what you guys have said they seem worth a shot.

rob5006

Reaction score
I am on the Michelin Road Power and love them. Great feedback through the tyres and really sticky. Didn't think I would notice any diference to the Bridgestones with a tyre being a tyre, but felt the difference immediately.