Running on vapours......

Spot

Reaction score
Met up with some mates in North Wales this weekend. It's been ages since I last went up the A5. What a great bit of road with great scenery. Top fun!
Anyway... On the way home fuel got low and I got the "flashing bar". I was on the motorway (not going above 85 as it's still running in) and had to go for 5 miles before I reached the next services. When I filled up I managed to get 11.5 litres into it so 3 litres were left in it. And as the computer was telling me I was getting 54mpg I reckon I had just a little over 30 miles of traveling left at that point (so 35 - 40 in total once it starts flashing).

What range do the rest of you reckon you have once you get the flashing bar?

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Depends wot mode ur in. I only ever use A mode and most of my riding is town and fast A roads and I never hold back lol. It usually starts flashing around the 100 mile mark and I never go more than 15-20 on f-trip. Then when I fill up I manage to squeeze (and I do mean squeeze)! 12.2-12.5Ltrs in her.

Cypher

Reaction score
I wouldn't tempt the fate. I lasted for 16 miles in Central London traffic. Stalled but luckily 50 metres from BP.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Buzzin about town uses sooo much fuel doesn't it...

MT-09 Wheelie Wheelie mental.....!

Chuck

Reaction score
I've done 32Km on F-trip cruising at 100ish Kph, filled up with 13.something litres,could have gone a bit further I reckon.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've done 32Km on F-trip cruising at 100ish Kph, filled up with 13.something litres,could have gone a bit further I reckon.
I believe "cruising" will always use less fuel than "stop start" riding

Chuck

Reaction score
Agree, I was in B mode and eco riding

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

crotchrocket

Reaction score
I got really caught out in essex yesterday, but thankfully found a station to fill up at. I put in just under 12 litres! When your giving it some beans, the tank range really suffers !!

pipski99

Reaction score
I have been very close to running out twice, once on Christmas day and most of the garages were closed obviously.

The dreaded flashing bar and f-trip started and I was on the A65 heading back from Kirby Lonsdale / Devil's Bridge to Bradford. Stuck it in B mode, rode like my dad (used to) and I got 30 miles on reserve before I made it back to the open fuel station in Keighley.

It's managed 30 miles on reserve both times but I wouldn't want to try for any more than that.

Cypher

Reaction score
I think someone else too mentioned 30 miles with a flashing F-TRIP so sounds like it's doable on an A road or motorway. I tend to just fuel it up once it starts flashing or shortly before that to avoid any "crap, no petrol stations around" surprises.

Twozup

Reaction score
I had 22miles on f-trip today stayed in A-mode (my wife would've come to the rescue I wasn't too far from home) and when I opened the tank at petrol station there was still a bit of petrol sloshing around! I reckon there's a bit more than 30miles at a steady 55-60mph?

Click [HERE] then {HERE}

Twozup

Reaction score
Ps I was on the A811 then into A82 when in reserve so wasn't exactly pushing it in the twisties on reserve- obviously would get more distance on straighter hi speed roads??

Click [HERE] then {HERE}

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I had 22miles on f-trip today stayed in A-mode (my wife would've come to the rescue I wasn't too far from home) and when I opened the tank at petrol station there was still a bit of petrol sloshing around! I reckon there's a bit more than 30miles at a steady 55-60mph?

Click [HERE] then {HERE}
I've got to agree with u there. I ALWAYS ride in A mode and when the reserve segment flashes I still ride the same (pinned lol)! and I do about 20ish miles on f-trip b4 I fill up and usually squeeze in 12 odd litres so there is at least a litre left in the tank so therefor I recon if ridden steady u cud do more than 30 miles on f-trip

Birdy

Reaction score
Did 32 miles to work and back with trip flashing and ring twiching ! Forgot money and to proud to ask my workmates for a sub..... and they all despise me , and would love to see me run out :(

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Did 32 miles to work and back with trip flashing and ring twiching ! Forgot money and to proud to ask my workmates for a sub..... and they all despise me , and would love to see me run out :(
Jesus H Christ...! Where on earth have u been...?
32 miles..? Was that in ur usual "B" (boring)! Mode tho? Lol

Birdy

Reaction score
Jesus H Christ...! Where on earth have u been...?
32 miles..? Was that in ur usual "B" (boring)! Mode tho? Lol

I been in hospital mate.. nothing too serious , well put 4 new tyres on the car and the daft cow runs over a pothole and splits 2 !!!! On hearing this , i passed out and banged my head ! LOL

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Pmsl. U do make me laugh. The mrs kerbed one of her alloys on the new car the other day, I nearly passed out and I hardly drive it lol. I've got hospital tomorrow and I am NOT lookin foreward to it al all.

Birdy

Reaction score
Wives... love em.. she then drives 3 miles with flats to our local garage, we are n the RAC but never mind , just buy some new wheels to go with the tyres! Bang goes my screen and hugger :mad: