Sargent Seat, anyone got one?

donut

Reaction score
Got a Shad seat on mine. As I bought it at the end of the riding season I cannot sat what it's like on a long run but it is slightly thicker and feels a load more comfy just sitting on the bike.

loneranger

Reaction score
image-11.jpg
Got the sone on eBay second hand for £110 delivered.

LewFZ1

Reaction score
I had a sargent seat on my Z1000SX made a good bike into a great bike especially as I used to do a lot of touring, but yes they are expensive. Only thing I would say against them is if you wear textiles you will end up with sore nuts as they are as slippery as feck, okay with leathers but textiles or Hood Jeans !!!!!!!!!!!!

TommyM

Reaction score
I had a Sargent for my MT. Brilliant build quality and my girl loved the back but for me it felt too "supportive". As in rock solid. But then I am a 10st hobbit.

Cobweb

Reaction score
If anyone is going to buy a Sargent seat for their MT09 then save yourself some money and message me first, I have a new one (black with black piping) that's never been on a bike and it'll be a lot cheaper especially if you can collect it or I'll post it if you pay the carriage.

highlander

Reaction score
I might be after this Cobweb, need a bit more testing first though.

First ride was ~100 miles and you know white-thumb? Well, I got white-balls on that ride!!! :eek:

First to tweak will be to the handle bar position - small adjustments in ergonomics can make a huge difference. I find the bar a bit to close, might solve it with flatter bars kind of supermoto style which worked well on my last straight-bar bike.