Saw this on the Yamaha Stand at Phillip Island

lee1980

Reaction score
Certainly is UK Colour, apparently it the NEW 2015 version of Race Blue.

Nice to look at, wouldn't like it in my garage tho, forks are a great colour blue.
Was the 2014 generally grey, with blue wheels then?

Im in two minds, would really need to see for real but sure my local dealer doesn't have them in this colour.

How do I know if what is in showroom is 14/15?

Kinjane

Reaction score
Phoenix @ Trowbridge had one on their shop floor a few weeks back when I last went in there for a service...
Might be worth a phone call prior to a visit if you really need to see one

Should have the new headlamp fix as well, another way to tell old stock from new :)

Last edited:

flydnb

Reaction score
Was the 2014 generally grey, with blue wheels then?

Im in two minds, would really need to see for real but sure my local dealer doesn't have them in this colour.

How do I know if what is in showroom is 14/15?
try other dealers lee.

lee1980

Reaction score
Phoenix @ Trowbridge had one on their shop floor a few weeks back when I last went in there for a service...
Might be worth a phone call prior to a visit if you really need to see one

Should have the new headlamp fix as well, another way to tell old stock from new :)
Thanks yea might be worth a trip to see what like for real. What is the head lamp fix? doh there seems to be quite a few things to look for if been done or not.

Kinjane

Reaction score
On the very latest bikes there will be ample wiring to meet the rear of the head lamp unit so there will be no sign of a taped off stub of wiring exiting from the main wiring loom from the Yamaha approved modification if it has been done, or a very tight connection due to short wiring if an old showroom floor model has hasn't been carried out yet.

lee1980

Reaction score
On the very latest bikes there will be ample wiring to meet the rear of the head lamp unit so there will be no sign of a taped off stub of wiring exiting from the main wiring loom from the Yamaha approved modification if it has been done, or a very tight connection due to short wiring if an old showroom floor model has hasn't been carried out yet.
I guess the shortness becomes a problem when going to lock-lock each side, some thing I usually need to do daily to get out my garage lol!