SC Project CR-T Exhaust

Miles

Reaction score
Hi all,

Finally got it fitted so I thought i'd share some pictures with you in case any of you were interested.

How is it?

Fucking insane. It's ridiculously loud, don't get me wrong it sounds fantastic, just insanely loud.

I had an R6 before the MT with a full Titanium Arrow System and that thing was noisy, but this is just on a whole other level. I've never had to wear ear plugs before but i'm going to have to start!

I leave home at 6:30 in a morning for work, so there's no way I can fire it up that early, i'll be lynched by the neighbors!

Going to speak to my local custom exhaust place and ask them how I can make it quieter, might be a case of making a baffle for it as something definitely needs doing.

Anyway here's the album: MT09 - Imgur

Miles

Reaction score
So I've been trying to figure out a way to make the exhaust quieter, first port of call was SC Project themselves. I emailed them this morning with the following;

Hi there,

I recently bought a CR-T exhaust off you for my MT-09. It's fantastic and
sounds great, however I think it will be too noisy to take on a track day.

How can I make it less noisy? Do you sell a baffle I could use?

Thanks, Miles.
-------------------------
They replied with;
hello, I'm sorry, the CR-T is a race replica MotoGP exhaust, if you install
the db killer the exhaust will be destroyed

you have to change the silencer, you have to buy only the conical silencer from us

kind regards.
----------------------
Being Italian I didn't think there was much good information i could get out of them due to translation problems. So next I tried Motovasion USA, SC Projects US distributer;

Hi there,
I recently bought the CR-T exhaust for my MT/FZ-09, and although it sounds absolutely fantastic, I didn't realize it would be so insanely noisy.
I bought it direct from SC Project as I live in the UK, and having asked them if they have some way to make it quieter, they told me "If you install the db killer the exhaust will be destroyed".
Now I assume we got a little lost in translation and they don't mean destroyed literally, but rather the sound wouldn't be the same.
I'm wondering whether you have had any customers with the same query, as I imagine it's too loud to even take on a track day with the DB limits they have. If so, have you got a solution for the noise?
Thanks in advance, Miles.
--------------------------
They replied with;

Miles,
We use one on our own FZ-09 project bike. The kits are a replica of the systems used on the Moto2 and MotGP race bikes, and are designed to provide the same aggressive sound and style as those found on the race bikes. We in the States only have dB limits at a few tracks, so it is not a pressing issue.
SC does not offer a dB killer for the CR-T exhausts. I believe they were actually stating that the exhaust could destroy itself if it were modified to accept a dB killer. The walls on the canister are very thin and are not designed to cope w/ a large amount of back-pressure.
------------------

I've also contacted my local custom exhaust place and they've said they could do something, so told me to drop by so they can look at it.

Having read the last message back to myself, he says the CANNISTER is thin, not the down pipes. With that in mind, in theory I could put a baffle in the link pipe, which is obviously before the end can. With that the pressure shouldn't change in the end can.

So the best option I think will be for me to go to my local place, Zorstec and tell them what I've been told, and hopefully they'll be able to do something.

The end can issue may be a blessing in disguise anyway as I hate the look of an exhaust with the baffle in, it completely ruins the look IMO. So at least this way the baffle won't be seen, also the end can won't need to be drilled for a bolt!

Anyone got any thoughts/advice?

Last edited:

l34chy

Reaction score
So I've been trying to figure out a way to make the exhaust quieter, first port of call was SC Project themselves. I emailed them this morning with the following;

Hi there,

I recently bought a CR-T exhaust off you for my MT-09. It's fantastic and
sounds great, however I think it will be too noisy to take on a track day.

How can I make it less noisy? Do you sell a baffle I could use?

Thanks, Miles.
-------------------------
They replied with;
hello, I'm sorry, the CR-T is a race replica MotoGP exhaust, if you install
the db killer the exhaust will be destroyed

you have to change the silencer, you have to buy only the conical silencer from us

kind regards.
----------------------
Being Italian I didn't think there was much good information i could get out of them due to translation problems. So next I tried Motovasion USA, SC Projects US distributer;

Hi there,
I recently bought the CR-T exhaust for my MT/FZ-09, and although it sounds absolutely fantastic, I didn't realize it would be so insanely noisy.
I bought it direct from SC Project as I live in the UK, and having asked them if they have some way to make it quieter, they told me "If you install the db killer the exhaust will be destroyed".
Now I assume we got a little lost in translation and they don't mean destroyed literally, but rather the sound wouldn't be the same.
I'm wondering whether you have had any customers with the same query, as I imagine it's too loud to even take on a track day with the DB limits they have. If so, have you got a solution for the noise?
Thanks in advance, Miles.
--------------------------
They replied with;

Miles,
We use one on our own FZ-09 project bike. The kits are a replica of the systems used on the Moto2 and MotGP race bikes, and are designed to provide the same aggressive sound and style as those found on the race bikes. We in the States only have dB limits at a few tracks, so it is not a pressing issue.
SC does not offer a dB killer for the CR-T exhausts. I believe they were actually stating that the exhaust could destroy itself if it were modified to accept a dB killer. The walls on the canister are very thin and are not designed to cope w/ a large amount of back-pressure.
------------------

I've also contacted my local custom exhaust place and they've said they could something, so told me to drop by so they can look at it.

Having read the last message back to myself, he says the CANNISTER is thin, not the down pipes. With that in mind, in theory I could put a baffle in the link pipe, which is obviously before the end can. With that the pressure shouldn't change in the end can.

So the best option I think will be for me to go to my local place, Zorstec and tell them what I've been told, and hopefully they'll be able to do something.

The end can issue may be a blessing in disguise anyway as I hate the look of an exhaust with the baffle in, it completely ruins the look IMO. So at least this way the baffle won't be seen, also the end can won't need to be drilled for a bolt!

Anyone got any thoughts/advice?
Hi Miles I listened to your bike leaving Devils Bridge on sunday and it sounded great as it is but if your gonna do trackdays I do have a mate near Lancaster who fabricates race pipes made to measure I think he would be able to do something for you if you have no luck

Miles

Reaction score
Hi Miles I listened to your bike leaving Devils Bridge on sunday and it sounded great as it is but if your gonna do trackdays I do have a mate near Lancaster who fabricates race pipes made to measure I think he would be able to do something for you if you have no luck
Cheers, I'll see what my local place says but I'm not in a rush, not like I'm riding a lot this time of year anyway!

Last edited:

Miles

Reaction score

Miles

Reaction score
where did you have your cam mounted on the tank ?
Ill try take a picture for you, but basically i have the SW Motech tank bag, which comes with a tank ting. I had a custom Stainless bracket made for the Drift HD Camera and stuck a mount on it. So basically the camera sits on a bracket, on the tank ring, on the fuel cap of the bolts. Got the Drift external mic plugged in and that was under the seat to combat wind noise. Difficult to explain haha

flydnb

Reaction score
Ill try take a picture for you, but basically i have the SW Motech tank bag, which comes with a tank ting. I had a custom Stainless bracket made for the Drift HD Camera and stuck a mount on it. So basically the camera sits on a bracket, on the tank ring, on the fuel cap of the bolts. Got the Drift external mic plugged in and that was under the seat to combat wind noise. Difficult to explain haha
oh I see I thought the audio was good and clear, always better with an external mic.

l34chy

Reaction score
Thanks, bought it direct from SC for around £600 i think.
I think I just watched a vid you have posted up I know the roads vaguely it does sound good with the onboard footage that camera mount is class I do like that pipe Miles.
gonna have a serious look at that pipe with consideration to buying it