Scotland tour!!!!

dapsmt09

Reaction score
Well I've just returned from a 5 day 1250mile tour of Scotland on my trusty MT-09.
All I can say is epic. The MT was bloody brilliant and the only issue I had was the very uncomfy seat which I thought was comfy before I set off. So if anyone has a comfy seat or S/rally seat for sale let me know.
My Pirelli diablo stradas were perfect in both the dry and wet conditions and it was great fun on the twisties.
Already planning another Scotland trip next year.

Cheers daps:cool:

mirdif64

Reaction score
Jeez, don't tell everyone.
They'll all be here before we know it.

Only joking. Glad you enjoyed it.
Where did you go ? We have some awesome roads here.

rob5006

Reaction score
Had a quick blast to Carter Bar recently. Fantastic roads and the MT was brilliant....did everything asked of it and was still up for a lot more. I have the comfort seat and felt fine after the round trip of 400 miles. Daps, did you take luggage/camp out or secure B and B....what was your route and plan?
Looking to venture deeper into scotland again...Beautiful place with great roads.

mirdif64

Reaction score
Rob,
I take it you used the original seat for a while before you swapped over ?
Dealer showed me a comfort seat on Saturday whilst bike was being serviced but would like to know it was a lot better than the original before stumping up 200 quid !!
Steve.

rob5006

Reaction score
Rob,
I take it you used the original seat for a while before you swapped over ?
Dealer showed me a comfort seat on Saturday whilst bike was being serviced but would like to know it was a lot better than the original before stumping up 200 quid !!
Steve.
Steve, Always had the comfort seat. Not used the standard seat ever so can't help you out there. But as comfy as the comfort seat is, if I remain in one place over a distance then numbness will still set in eventually. I tend to just shake myself off every now and again or adjust my riding position to suit the ride-slide back along the seat in a to keep the spine supple on a very long cruise, etc. Overall, I am happy with the seat and I am on the fussy side. Hope this helps....maybe you can have a play with one if they on demo at the MT tours coming up!

dapsmt09

Reaction score
Yeh we stayed in b+b's.
1st night Peebles
2nd night Oban
3rd night Portree (Skye)
4th night Avimore.
Then back to Heysham on the 5th night to catch the ferry home on the Saturday.
Rob I just took a rucksack but will not be doing that again, I will definitely be investing in some luggage for the next one.
Also if you want a detailed route fire me a pm and I will give it to ya in detail.

rob5006

Reaction score
Yeh we stayed in b+b's.
1st night Peebles
2nd night Oban
3rd night Portree (Skye)
4th night Avimore.
Then back to Heysham on the 5th night to catch the ferry home on the Saturday.
Rob I just took a rucksack but will not be doing that again, I will definitely be investing in some luggage for the next one.
Also if you want a detailed route fire me a pm and I will give it to ya in detail.

Sounds epic, Daps....I normally have a backpack cargo netted and bungeed to the back of my seat...maybe I will look at luggage also. Cheers buddy!