Scratched dash/screen

boro

Reaction score
So I have somehow managed to get a scratch on the dash/console screen at one side.

Has anyone had any success in removing them?

Or is the dash screen removable/replaceable?

Its luckily not across the information area but because the border is black it really stands out.....

Cheers

PaulG

Reaction score
So I have somehow managed to get a scratch on the dash/console screen at one side.

Has anyone had any success in removing them?

Or is the dash screen removable/replaceable?

Its luckily not across the information area but because the border is black it really stands out.....

Cheers
Hi Kev

You could try polishing the plastic with a good quality polish.Meguiars have a kit for polishing polycarbonate headlight lenses.You can get this at Supercheap Auto or Repco.
Headlight Care - Supercheap Auto New Zealand
You could also apply a piece of Altrex headlight skin to the dash,this should mask the scratch as the adhesive fills it.You have to apply this using the water film method to keep air out.
Product not found - Supercheap Auto New Zealand

Last edited:

sigtrm

Reaction score
Hi Kev

You could try polishing the plastic with a good quality polish.Meguiars have a kit for polishing polycarbonate headlight lenses.You can get this at Supercheap Auto or Repco.
Headlight Care - Supercheap Auto New Zealand
You could also apply a piece of Altrex headlight skin to the dash,this should mask the scratch as the adhesive fills it.You have to apply this using the water film method to keep air out.
Product not found - Supercheap Auto New Zealand
I agree, Product not found is the best solution, I have tried it many times and it always worked. Product not found FTW.

PaulG

Reaction score
I agree, Product not found is the best solution, I have tried it many times and it always worked. Product not found FTW.
Don't look at me .I didn't label the link.It does take you to the product though.

boro

Reaction score
OK thanks Paul I'll try and get some at the weekend and do a test area. My one concern is the mirror finish on the dash, not sure I'm going to get the level if finish.

Well let you know how I get on.

boro

Reaction score
Update#####

So after lots of reading and before I went out and bought the proper stuff I thought I'd give the toothpaste method a try on the windshield.

Well to my surprise it brought it up very well (gently and tiny amounts). So just spent 1 min on the screen only in the affected area and wow worked a treat, I perhaps might not have tried if it was on the LED side but got to say worked for me.
Just removed it with a damp cloth and now all good.