screen for my bike

kriss

Reaction score
can anyone advise best screen to go for ? not after a tall one just something to keep the bugs out and dark tint. many thanks in advance.

Botto

Reaction score
Ho mate, I've got a excellent condition genuine mt09 screen in light smoke you can have for 60 quid posted, think they are 100 quid new.
It was on the bike when I bough it but I went for something a bit taller in the puig touring screen but they don't look as good as the yam one.

Cheers,
Gavin.

kriss

Reaction score
Ho mate, I've got a excellent condition genuine mt09 screen in light smoke you can have for 60 quid posted, think they are 100 quid new.
It was on the bike when I bough it but I went for something a bit taller in the puig touring screen but they don't look as good as the yam one.

Cheers,
Gavin.
hi gavin, many thanks for the offer but looking for dark tint really .

Botto

Reaction score
No probs mate, the smaller puig sport screen looks quite nice and you can get a few shades in that style. Very nice quality also.

Cheers,
Gav.

fizzy

Reaction score
can anyone advise best screen to go for ? not after a tall one just something to keep the bugs out and dark tint. many thanks in advance.
image.jpg

This is the taller dark tint puig one just use this one for longer trips handy to get a satnav behind have a smaller one for general use

kriss

Reaction score
many thanks mt09smurf and fizzy im still very undecided so will wait and see what pics I can find. also after some shorty lever advice what to buy and what not to buy as after looking on the famous auction site there are so many.

daz1963

Reaction score
Hi All. I know this keeps getting repeated but is this screen any good on the motorway? I have the genuine yam one which looks pretty good but does nothing for wind protection. recently been on the motorway and trying to cruise at 70 was proper hard work and pretty scary. would just like a bit of input before spending any cash. also how tall is this one as I,m only 5 ft 7in.
Many Thanks in advance.Daz.

bobh

Reaction score
I've fitted an MRA touring screen in light smoke that I bought from Motea (bs-motoparts) in Germany. I've had a few things from them and they seem to be very competitive on price, with fast delivery. MRA is good quality stuff, too.

I was worried that the screen would look a bit barn-door-like, but actually I don't think it's too bad:

And it does the job pretty well- - I did a 130+ mile "progressive" ride today with no discomfort. I'm 5'-11", btw - I was 6ft in my younger days but old age causes you to shrink (know what I mean, nudge, nudge) :rolleyes:

daz1963

Reaction score
cheers bob for posting that photo, to be fair that doesn't look to bad at all and looks like it would do the job nicely. thanks for the input will check them out.

bobh

Reaction score
cheers bob for posting that photo, to be fair that doesn't look to bad at all and looks like it would do the job nicely. thanks for the input will check them out.
No problem.

I've just seen a couple of other recommendations for Motea in another thread, so it's not just me, then. :rolleyes: