Seat Modification

mudd

Reaction score
I have my bike booked into the upholsterer next Monday for a seat modification. I have attached a photo of a few of the possible vinyl coverings and will likely go with a two tone selection.
What would you guys pick? No prizes being offered if I go your way. :) feedback appreciatedThx

Attachments

Last edited:

Fluke

Reaction score
Personally, I'd keep it black.
While you're having it done, have you thought about changing the seat foam?
A fellah did my seat by chopping out a bit of the factory foam and replacing it with some memory foam.
The seat is TRANSFORMED! I can't recommend it enough.

mudd

Reaction score
This bike will spend most of it's life two up with my wife on the back. I will be removing an amount of foam from the riders seat and adding 60mm of different foam's and stepping up the pillion seat height by 60mm. The seat will end up with a step in it and be wider at the back than the standard seat. I haven't settled on the colour as yet and will be looking into it over the next few days. Daughter, she rides an FZ8, says I should make it the same red as the band around the top box.

Last edited:

mudd

Reaction score
Seat Mod completed

Local upholsterer has completed my seat and both the wife and I are very happy with the results. Both seat areas are much thicker and more level. I don't feel like I'm constantly sliding down onto the tank.

Attachments