Seat ordered (again)

pipski99

Reaction score
Just ordered one of these bad boys on ebay: Original Yamaha MT09 Street Rally Sitzbank NEU MT-09 flat seat Sitz OVP | eBay

There were 2 available now only 1 left. Should be here by Tuesday so hopefully more comfortable and sensible seating (not sloping forward, resulting in the MT09 crushed nuts syndrome)

Came out at £147 including delivery from Germany and that's still £50 - £60 less than Yamaha UK's comfort seat option which they couldn't even manage to supply me after I paid for it and waited 2 months.

Alles ist gut!

Pool Boy

Reaction score
That's a really good price !!

But I wouldn't call mine 'plush'
The shape is certainly much better than the original MT seat but it's as hard as a plank of wood - may need a bit of 'breaking in' - like a new pair of shoes (remember them ?)

Locksmith

Reaction score
Certainly quiet hard foam on the SR seat but so much better shaped.

Kinjane

Reaction score
I bagged the other one, ended up a bit more costly with bank charges but nevertheless still a great deal - so thanks for the heads up on that one Pipski.
I could end up spending the savings on some accented red bits for elsewhere on the bike to match that seat stitching - or perhaps just invest in a black felt tip instead !

I'd already made a memory foam strap on to try out the extra height it will provide over the stock unit - but the SR seat might be too high if it doesn't have enough give.

pipski99

Reaction score
I bagged the other one, ended up a bit more costly with bank charges but nevertheless still a great deal - so thanks for the heads up on that one Pipski.
I could end up spending the savings on some accented red bits for elsewhere on the bike to match that seat stitching - or perhaps just invest in a black felt tip instead !

I'd already made a memory foam strap on to try out the extra height it will provide over the stock unit - but the SR seat might be too high if it doesn't have enough give.
I saw that the other one had also sold and I wondered / hoped that somebody from this forum had snapped it up.

Well done sir and hope you enjoy yours too. Mine due Tuesday so looking forward to it.

Kinjane

Reaction score
Latest communiqué reads it has been dispatched but no tracking number included. Delivery also estimated for Tuesday :)

pipski99

Reaction score
New seat received and fitted and although I haven't taken the bike out yet (just sat on it in the garage) it looks hugely different with the new profile of the new seat having no dip in it and it feels much higher when I'm sat on it.

Can't wait to get it out on road test. Roll on Friday!

Kinjane

Reaction score
After several phone calls I found my seat in the local Parcel Force office - part of the address was missing along with my contact number - it had been there a couple of days waiting for a phone call from its owner [me!]
So I opted to collect it in person, especially as it would have been returned to sender in a few more days!

I see the seller now has a few more rally seats up for grabs - must be growing them under the counter !

Last edited: