Small toolkit

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Has anybody check if there is a small toolkit under the seat?
Yes mine is there. Apart from the C-spanner it's pretty crap. The "Allen key" is rusted to death and the screwdriver is the most uncomfortable thing I've ever had the displeasure of holding in my hand heh hum.....

MT-09 Wheelie Wheelie mental.....!

Last edited:

Twozup

Reaction score
I don't have any rust? Not even the Allen key (I checked last night!!)
I've obviously got one from the batch they made in Germany.
You lot have obviously bought the Chinese built ones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M

MT account

i reckon mine was built in a siberian salt mine.......with no lights...

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Seems to me that's another thing scamaha have skimped on..! Shud of bought a striple I think..!

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
really are you regretting your choice?
I'm 50/50 to be honest fly. I cud quite easily put it in the shed, not bother with it and get something else with a better build quality. I was chatting to a dad at my sons 6th birthday party this afternoon and he has a street triple. We parked side by side and compared them........

I cudnt believe the difference in build quality and his is on a 60 plate. He commutes on it everyday just like me and there wasn't a single bit of rust. Dirt yes but rust.....no.
Mine is "usually" spotless but the rust is coming thick and fast. ACF50 from new but that's not working.

I can only put it down to sub standard materials.

Time for a bike change??? Hum let me think...!

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
One word. ACF50. (I'm counting it as one word with 5 syllables!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Used it from the start mate. I spend a shit load on cleaning. OCD lol. Things are rusting that shudnt really be rusting after this long.

flydnb

Reaction score
surely there is a warranty claim on these parts as its not even a year old and if parts are rusting then the bike is not fit for purpose, there isn't much to actually rust ?

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
whats rusting?
Bar ends have rust, rear shock has rust (even with a shock tube on from the beginning)! Half of the bolts that are used are showing signs of rust lol. Yes there's warranty claims that can be done to sort it but I didn't buy it to spend most of the time having warranty work carried out [emoji20]

M

MT account

side stand, rear shock, most fasteners. its poorly prepped metal or crap anti corrosion treatment thats to blame. where are these being made?

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
side stand, rear shock, most fasteners. its poorly prepped metal or crap anti corrosion treatment thats to blame. where are these being made?
Ah yes. I forgot the side stand made out of cheese. And the brittle plastics. And the rusty rear shock linkage.

flydnb

Reaction score
Oh dear not good mate the shock can be replaced and bar ends are replaceable , im a fairweather rider anyway and im constantly cleaning it so i might not notice i suppose.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

M

MT account

its a bit of a wetherspoons in bike terms innit? cheap, no frills n hits the spot......talking of which im off for the rack of ribs n a few dark ales..........