Snatch Is Starting To P*ss Me Off

crotchrocket

Reaction score
Its getting a bit tiring, riding this bike around town every day and only being able to relax in B mode. I want power and drivability! Its frustrating to know it can be sorted out for a few hundred ££ but i don't want to fork out dosh to cure a 'problem' I know a lot don't have issue with it, but it really bugs me!!

Ive also stalled the bike a few times recently and noticed when blipping the throttle on down shifts, the bike splutters a fair bit, its not a clean 'rev' Perhaps i just need to get this thing dyno'd with a PCV and be done with it??

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Its getting a bit tiring, riding this bike around town every day and only being able to relax in B mode. I want power and drivability! Its frustrating to know it can be sorted out for a few hundred ££ but i don't want to fork out dosh to cure a 'problem' I know a lot don't have issue with it, but it really bugs me!!

Ive also stalled the bike a few times recently and noticed when blipping the throttle on down shifts, the bike splutters a fair bit, its not a clean 'rev' Perhaps i just need to get this thing dyno'd with a PCV and be done with it??
I can get u a PCV for around £225. Give Sam a tinkle and she will sort it all out for u bud.

ACE CAFE MEET FRIDAY 27th JUNE @ 6pm

crotchrocket

Reaction score
I can get u a PCV for around £225. Give Sam a tinkle and she will sort it all out for u bud.

Thats awesome thanks!! Does it really eliminate the snatch, by just plugging in and using ??

crotchrocket

Reaction score
Thanks sporti. That is cheap!! But when adding shipping, VAT (tax) and import tax, it works out about the same.

mt09holland

Reaction score
Just buy the G2 throttle tamer, see other thread about it. Brilliant! And cheap!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keechy

Reaction score
Feels a lot smoother now but I guess if ur just after a less snatchy throttle then go for the G2....!

I bought the G2 for £65 10 min fit sorted, like a new bike all over again, mt09holland is as my son would say a leg, i think he means legend.

crotchrocket

Reaction score
hmmm, could exacerbate the stalling issue. might pop the C02 up over 14 for a quick run, see how that feels. If not, i'll get the G2 or the PCV

Locksmith

Reaction score
Fitted my G2 tonight and gave it a quick 15 mile test.
Certainly an improvement from the off. Much less jerky around town and smoother roll on.
Not really given it a good testing yet but it's certainly not a step backwards!

razz

Reaction score
Fitted my G2 tonight and gave it a quick 15 mile test.
Certainly an improvement from the off. Much less jerky around town and smoother roll on.
Not really given it a good testing yet but it's certainly not a step backwards!
Nice one :) just ordered a G2 , so it's a bonus to hear of another good result

mt09holland

Reaction score
I bought the G2 for £65 10 min fit sorted, like a new bike all over again, mt09holland is as my son would say a leg, i think he means legend.
Lol! All credits to RipGroove!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris West

Reaction score
I went for the DIY throttle cam mod with a needle file.
Not at all difficult and 20 minutes tops

razz

Reaction score
chris , i`ve just run the dremel disc round mine , and shes gonna be tried in the morning , i must admit to having a g2 on the way , but i thought id try diy too

oh dear , chris has given me a dislike , sorry dude if I have offended ya

Last edited:

RipGroove

Reaction score

Personally I've gone down the route of a G2 and an EJK fuel controller. The G2 is cheap and does work and the EJK was £147 delivered from MarthyExhausts in the US (I did also get stung with £34 import TAX though), but the beauty of the EJK is that Marthy has already worked out some decent settings for the MT/FZ with an Akra and you can just tune and tweak it yourself on the fly if need be, there's many good reviews for it all over the web for different bikes. Fitting was very easy once the tank and airbox was off. Sadly I got sent a duff one so am waiting for a replacement from Holland at the minute.

The way I saw my choices were:

PCV + Map + Dyno (Pricey)

Or

ECU Flash (not many around in the UK currently)

Or

Take a gamble on a G2 (which was cheap and I'm happy with the results, I stay in A mode now all the time)

Now the reason I've also ordered an EJK is because the bike seems to lurch about a bit while holding constant throttle so I figured the fueling is a little off, the G2 alone has made throttle roll on more manageable for me so much that I don't feel I need to do anything else to it. Only time will tell if the EJK sorts out my lurching issue but also as an added by product of fitting it I'm told it smooths out the throttle roll on a great deal and due to the way it works (load based) it will also smooth out the engine breaking (much like an ECU flash). So I'm quite keen to try out the G2 & EJK combination.