Snatch Is Starting To P*ss Me Off

Schultzy

Reaction score
Interesting article that popped up in my local motorcycle mag on throttle jerkiness - sounds like someone has been writing about our bike!
While it doesnt mention our beloved mt09, it does get a picture on the 3rd page :p

Scan0001.jpg
Scan0002.jpg
Scan0003.jpg

Cypher

Reaction score
Can someone explain in few words what this G2 tamer does? I've seen some pics of some handles with cutouts but just wondering in what way it improves the response.

Birdy

Reaction score
As an insensitive clod , i dont notice the jerkiness (is that a real word ?) except when driving like a noob and shutting the throttle mid corner, do notice the lurch then, positive throttle at all times ! I have however , owned some real shite over the years, bonnies , xt 500s etc , so a new bike seems a bloody luxury to me ! And of course you lot are all a bunch of spoiled shandy drinking sausage jockeys........no offence.....:p

relz

Reaction score
As an insensitive clod , i dont notice the jerkiness (is that a real word ?) except when driving like a noob and shutting the throttle mid corner, do notice the lurch then, positive throttle at all times !
Admittedly he's a clod (whatever that means), but Birdy has a point.
I've been riding bikes for almost 20 years, but this my first fuel injected bike, and I am quite a noob. The throttle control is much more sensitive here.

Nowadays, after getting used to it for a few months, I hardly feel the jerkiness.
I've learned to crack open the throttle very slowly/gently early in the turn and roll it on from there on, no hesitations. It quite a smooth ride now.

That being said, I'm still going to install the G2 now. Why crack open the throttle really slowly with lots of sensitivity, when I can just twist it without giving it a second thought, like I used to on my carbureted bikes [emoji5].

W8ENN

Reaction score
I've had the MT since January and have no issues with the throttle. All I've done is taken out the free play by adjusting the cable and moving the grip to eliminate side to side play. Been riding 28 years on just about every kind of bike. Am I just used to it? I don't know, but it doesn't cause me any problems [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

motorcycleboy

Reaction score
Lagonisi Athens Greece, 37,5km from the city cente
All I've done is taken out the free play by adjusting the cable and moving the grip to eliminate side to side play. Been riding 28 years on just about every kind of bike. Am I just used to it? I don't know, but it doesn't cause me any problems [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've done the same as you and i hope that Yamaha will "improve" the maps for our bkes in the next few months.
Allthough, only MT-09,MT-07,new T-MAX530, new S/Tenere1200 and new FJR1300 are equiped with open ECU that it allows "plug n' play" corrections and adjustments.

Locksmith

Reaction score
Can't see Yamaha doing it as it probably wouldn't pass the EU emissions regs then.

Will most likely have to wait for 3rd parties to start doing it. Don't know about Greece but in the UK I don't think anyone has tested a UK bike yet!

crotchrocket

Reaction score
Sorry chaps, only just catching up with this thread. Thanks for all the helpful replies!!