Snatchy throttle fix

sporti

Reaction score
the throttle tamer that tox set up is mint. Allows the throttle to ease on without being snitchy.

The other, more expensive alternative, is have your ECU flashed. The benefit with this is that it opens the bike up, as it should have been delivered.

Schultzy

Reaction score
That or a fuel controller + CO changes. I have a good throttle now too.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

RipGroove

Reaction score
Well I've just had a closer look and found that I had acres of play in the throttle cable. Have tightened that up now (yes I made sure that steering lock to lock and full throttle does not affect it). Will go try it in a minute and see how it feels now.

Sent from outer space

RipGroove

Reaction score
Stoltec in the US has seemingly developed an awesome map (via flash) for the FZ09 that has eliminated jerkyness and also added torque and power along with a much nicer power delivery so assuming its the same for the MT I'll be sending my ECU across the Atlantic over the Winter to have it done.

14+ FZ-09 ECU Reflash | StoltecMoto

Sent from outer space

Last edited:

slowrider

Reaction score
i just saw this thread... but been looking for this kind of solution on the bike.

went to soltec web. and found this...

Disclaimer At this time, the flash is only compatible with 1RC-8591A-20 ECUs (part number is found on label affixed to top of ECU). Other ECU configurations have not been tested and will not be flashed at this time. Please Contact Us if you have a different ECU.

there is another thread for australian mt-09. don't know if it's the same as eu ones but the ECU between the two bikes are different?

sporti

Reaction score
i just saw this thread... but been looking for this kind of solution on the bike.

went to soltec web. and found this...

Disclaimer At this time, the flash is only compatible with 1RC-8591A-20 ECUs (part number is found on label affixed to top of ECU). Other ECU configurations have not been tested and will not be flashed at this time. Please Contact Us if you have a different ECU.

there is another thread for australian mt-09. don't know if it's the same as eu ones but the ECU between the two bikes are different?
Mate, find an ECUnleashed business or try ECUWEST & chase back a NSW business from there. $495, though transforms your bike.

RzR

Reaction score
I set the diagnostic CO mix settings to 14 for each cylinder took it for a quick spin and big difference feels much better on std will give it a spurt on the A setting tomorrow

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

crotchrocket

Reaction score
FYI, Stoltec can't flash euro ECU's. So no point sending one over !! Was riding my Drifter for the last few days and the MT felt extra snatchy this morning for the first few miles. I guess you get used to it, but if there is a fix in the near future that wasn't £££ i'd definitely go for it.

slowrider

Reaction score
Mate, find an ECUnleashed business or try ECUWEST & chase back a NSW business from there. $495, though transforms your bike.

yup... saw their website... crap... how can it be a lot more expensive here...
will probably hang on a bit to wait for my exhaust to come :D

crotchrocket

Reaction score
I fired over an email to ECUnleashed here in the UK earlier. Will see what they come back with.

RipGroove

Reaction score
Introducing the all-new 2014 FZ-09, a naked sports roadster powered by an all-new liquid-cooled, 850 cc in-line 3-cylinder, fuel-injected engine. The FZ-09 has been developed around the concept of a "Synchronized Performance", that allows a rider to enjoy the feeling of complete control in typical everyday riding situations. In other words, the FZ-09 has been designed to respond to your every command.

/// Power

Slim, compact, 847cc, DOHC, 12 valves (4-valves/cyl), liquid-cooled, 42.5 degree inclined, inline-three cylinder engine. The engine has been tuned to provide plenty of low to mid-range torque with strong yet linear throttle response.

View attachment 1 View attachment 2 View attachment 3

/// Engine

Engine
Liquid-cooled, DOHC, 12-valve, inline-three cylinder
Displacement
847cc
Bore and Stroke
78 x 59.1 mm
Compression Ratio
11.5:1
Maximum Torque
8.9 kg-m (64.3 ft-lbs.) @ 8,500 rpm
Engine Management
YCC-T & D-Mode (3 positions)
Fuel Delivery
Mikuni 41mm throttle body F.I.
Lubrication
Wet sump
Ignition / Starting
TCI / Electric
Transmission
6-speed
Final Drive
"O"-ring chain

/// Chassis

Suspension (Front)
Adjustable 41mm inverted fork
Suspension (Rear)
Adjustable link Monocross
Brakes (Front)
Dual 310mm discs / radial mount 4-piston calipers
Brakes (Rear)
245mm disc / single piston caliper
Tires (Front)
120/70ZR17
Tires (Rear)
180/55ZR17

/// Critical Data

Length
2,075mm (81.7")
Width
815mm (32.1")
Height
1,135mm (44.7")
Wheelbase
1,440mm (56.7")
Rake / Trail
25° / 103mm
Seat Height
815mm (32.1")
Fuel Capacity
14 litres (3.1 imp. gallons)
Wet Weight
188 kg (414 lb.)
Colour(s)
Vivid Red
Dark Metallic Grey
When I get a spare couple of quid I think I'll come see your man, what was the cost again?

Sent from outer space

Rekt

Reaction score
I stumbled upon this thread and learnt about the DIAG Menu.
All my cylinders were set to 0, i then proceeded to check out the DIAG menu and think i altered some of the settings.
Is there a way to reset this?
Any advice appreciated.

Also as my ECU is flashed, is it still preferable to set each cylinder to 14?
Thanks.

RipGroove

Reaction score
£50 for an hour or so. Roughly 3 runs on the dyno.

MT-09 Wheelie Wheelie mental.....!
Do I need a power commander for dyno tweaks? Spoke to a local dyno place and they said I would.

Sent from outer space

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Do I need a power commander for dyno tweaks? Spoke to a local dyno place and they said I would.

Sent from outer space
Unfortunately yes mate. U will need some sort of fuel controller or power commander. If u want to do some serious tweeting. It's very limited without one really

M

MT account

Unfortunately yes mate. U will need some sort of fuel controller or power commander. If u want to do some serious tweeting. It's very limited without one really

a power commander tried to limit my life once........so i binned her............... never looked back:rolleyes:

Rekt

Reaction score
Any tips on resetting defaults in DIAG?
Or any idea where i could find the default settings?
Appreciate any help.