Snatchy throttle fix

Reaction score
Rea arrow :)
As close to the nipple as I could get.
Im really pleased with the results (of such a simple mod)

Cool, do you know roughly how deep you went at the start by the nipple?

Sent from outer space

Reaction score
Rea arrow :)
As close to the nipple as I could get.
Im really pleased with the results (of such a simple mod)

I can figure out the cam, but an initial depth of yours would be handy, I'm guessing it's about 3mm?

Sent from outer space

Reaction score
I might figure out a way of machining this accurately so it can be replicated.

Sent from outer space

Reaction score
I would say roughly 2mm (about the cable thickness)
I used the edge of a flat (Draper) Needle file.
And literally just worked it in that groove.
I made sure that it was wide enough to not trap the cable.
I have not neutered the throttle completely, it is still very responsive.
But now putting on the power, over bad tarmac, totally committed, is so much more controllable (and predictable in a good way)

Reaction score
I would say roughly 2mm (about the cable thickness)
I used the edge of a flat (Draper) Needle file.
And literally just worked it in that groove.
I made sure that it was wide enough to not trap the cable.
I have not neutered the throttle completely, it is still very responsive.
But now putting on the power, over bad tarmac, totally committed, is so much more controllable (and predictable in a good way)

Awesome, thanks, I'll have a look at work tomorrow, be handy if I could manage to constantly produce a good cam shape.

Sent from outer space

Reaction score
Im hearing 'Business opportunity' fella.
Very simple, very cheap solution to (perceived) throttle snatch
Ebay-tastic :)

Reaction score

Just interested in producing an accurate shape really as that would translate to predictable roll on.

Sent from outer space

Reaction score
I stumbled upon this thread and learnt about the DIAG Menu.
All my cylinders were set to 0, i then proceeded to check out the DIAG menu and think i altered some of the settings.
Is there a way to reset this?
Any advice appreciated.

I think I may have gone and done the same :confused: Can anyone help with the stock settings??

Reaction score

Does this look about the same as what you've done or would you say yours was less aggressive?

2mm between the red arrows and the cam rejoins the old diameter by the blue arrow (90º away from the start point)

Not sure if going the full 90º is right as the throttle is only 90º from closed to fully open, so doing the full 90º would alter the entire range.

4e4y6ebe.jpg

Sent from outer space

Reaction score
I stumbled upon this thread and learnt about the DIAG Menu.
All my cylinders were set to 0, i then proceeded to check out the DIAG menu and think i altered some of the settings.
Is there a way to reset this?
Any advice appreciated.

I think I may have gone and done the same :confused: Can anyone help with the stock settings??

Just enter the co setting screen and change them back to zero?

Reaction score
Yes your right Rip.I'm fine with the co settings, but whilst raising them i somehow got into different settings and i'm not sure if i altered some of them while i was trying to get back to the co settings. The snatchy throttle seems more exaggerated since which is making me think i could have altered something i shouldnt!!
I've got the co settings on 14 on all 3 cylinders with the Akra with modified baffle, so according to you guys in the know iv'e got the optimum set up to reduce the snatchy throttle but it seems worse !!!(slack also taken out of throttle cable).
Unfortunately, over the years iv'e realised that i'm a bit over sensitive to these kind of niggles,and once the issue is planted in my stubborn mind i find it hard to ignore it.
I will be interested to hear if Crotchrocket has any news on an ecu flash. If not I think i'm gonna have to bite the bullet with a pcv and some dyno time with TT's main man!!
Any info on the stock settings for the diag menu would be great.
Cheers Paul

Reaction score
Yes your right Rip.I'm fine with the co settings, but whilst raising them i somehow got into different settings and i'm not sure if i altered some of them while i was trying to get back to the co settings. The snatchy throttle seems more exaggerated since which is making me think i could have altered something i shouldnt!!
I've got the co settings on 14 on all 3 cylinders with the Akra with modified baffle, so according to you guys in the know iv'e got the optimum set up to reduce the snatchy throttle but it seems worse !!!(slack also taken out of throttle cable).
Unfortunately, over the years iv'e realised that i'm a bit over sensitive to these kind of niggles,and once the issue is planted in my stubborn mind i find it hard to ignore it.
I will be interested to hear if Crotchrocket has any news on an ecu flash. If not I think i'm gonna have to bite the bullet with a pcv and some dyno time with TT's main man!!
Any info on the stock settings for the diag menu would be great.
Cheers Paul
Hmm, not sure what else is in that menu so cannot advise on what you might have changed. With regards to smoother throttle, keep an eye on this: http://mt09.motorcycle-talk.com/for...s/1164-g2-throttle-tamer-uk-availability.html

Sent from outer space

Reaction score
Looks and sounds like a great low cost fix. Plenty of impressed customers. Nice 1 RipGroove i'll be very interested to hear how effective it is on the MT

Reaction score
Looks and sounds like a great low cost fix. Plenty of impressed customers. Nice 1 RipGroove i'll be very interested to hear how effective it is on the MT

Will report back when its fitted.

Sent from outer space

Reaction score
Very interested in your report on the G2

I got in touch with Ecunleashed

Hi,
Yes there is a flash available for the MTo9. But we haven't done one in the UK yet and the first time we do a new model we prefer to have the bike here so we can do some test after to check it is ok for the UK market.

So at the moment we are waiting on getting a bike in that we can have for a week. As we work in conjunction with the Americans.

Regards,
Simon.
RACE ENGINEERING
Motorcycle Tuning, Service & Performance Centre
Tel: +44 (0) 1371 872 992
Web: Motorbike Performance Centre Essex, Motorbike Tuning Centre Essex, Motorcycle Tuning Services Essex | Race Engineering
Facebook:www.facebook.com/roadandrace

So if anyone wants to give them their bike for a week- get in touch :)

Reaction score
Very interested in your report on the G2

I got in touch with Ecunleashed

Hi,
Yes there is a flash available for the MTo9. But we haven't done one in the UK yet and the first time we do a new model we prefer to have the bike here so we can do some test after to check it is ok for the UK market.

So at the moment we are waiting on getting a bike in that we can have for a week. As we work in conjunction with the Americans.

Regards,
Simon.
RACE ENGINEERING
Motorcycle Tuning, Service & Performance Centre
Tel: +44 (0) 1371 872 992
Web: Motorbike Performance Centre Essex, Motorbike Tuning Centre Essex, Motorcycle Tuning Services Essex | Race Engineering
Facebook:www.facebook.com/roadandrace

So if anyone wants to give them their bike for a week- get in touch :)

Think they're too far away from me, would defo be interested in a flash though if it turns out to be on par with Stoltecs flash in the US.

Sent from outer space

Reaction score
Does this look about the same as what you've done or would you say yours was less aggressive? ]

Sent from outer space
Sorry for late response RIP but yeh, what you have illustrated is definitely what I was going for.
But i would say I was less aggressive, I didn't go all the way to 90º, probably more like 75º. My thinking was it's just that initial opening that's an issue.
I'm very happy with mine :)

Reaction score
Sorry for late response RIP but yeh, what you have illustrated is definitely what I was going for.
But i would say I was less aggressive, I didn't go all the way to 90º, probably more like 75º. My thinking was it's just that initial opening that's an issue.
I'm very happy with mine :)

Cool, the reason I went a bit further was I viewed a load of images of a load of other throttle cams from the likes of G2 and gravesport and they've been really aggressive with their profiles.

I haven't had chance to try mine since I filed a bit more off, hopefully will get a chance over the weekend.

I have actually ordered a G2 Throttle Tamer now so in 6 to 10 days I'll be able to report on how that works.

Even better though when it arrives I can measure they're profile exactly at work with one of our CMM measuring machines so we'll have some idea about what we're aiming for when filing our own cams.

Sent from outer space