Soon to b new owner

Colton123

Reaction score
Test road the mt 09 yesterday and all I can say is wow. Coming from a gsxr 750 the mt was so much more fun to ride only bad point I would say was the snatchy throttle but can live with that. Is there any other problems to look out for on them as hoping to put a deposit down on a mt 09 street rally tomorrow .

marcusfordus

Reaction score
Test road the mt 09 yesterday and all I can say is wow. Coming from a gsxr 750 the mt was so much more fun to ride only bad point I would say was the snatchy throttle but can live with that. Is there any other problems to look out for on them as hoping to put a deposit down on a mt 09 street rally tomorrow .
Uber-Crap suspension, third rate cam chain tensioner and rubber corks in the coolant expansion bottle, apart from that pretty much a good bike so far. Adjusting the CO levels does help, I've the standard exhaust and ramped mine up to 7 for the three pots and I'm happy.

M

MT account

....and dont ride it in the winter, the road salt will make it disintergrate.

marcusfordus

Reaction score
Rubber cork in the coolant bottle ?
It's supposed to be a cap, but as others found out on here it pops off like a cork, I found mine wanted pushing back on whilst cleaning the exhaust headers yesterday (and the coolant wants topping up).

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Got over 3000 since new years day, mine still scrubs up ok ! ACF 50.... splash it all over ... not discs :)
Totally agree Mr B. ACF50 works a treat. Just not on pegs, exhaust or brakes lol

MT-09 Wheelie Wheelie mental.....!