Sprocket sizes

marksim

Reaction score
Has anybody tried different sprocket sizes and the race setup
1 less on front and 1 extra on rear ?

Im thinking of dropping a tooth on the front as this is what i tend to do with all my bikes.
Just wondered if anybody had tried.

flydnb

Reaction score
i don't think the MT needs it as it seems just right for me , obviously if you were doing trackdays etc or stunting then try it , i can get the wheel up on 3rd so im happy.

marksim

Reaction score
i don't think the MT needs it as it seems just right for me , obviously if you were doing trackdays etc or stunting then try it , i can get the wheel up on 3rd so im happy.
Was thinking that aswell
also when Simon manages to sort the ECU for the ABS bikes out doesnt that remove the limiter and let the engine rev higher. ?

flydnb

Reaction score
Was thinking that aswell
also when Simon manages to sort the ECU for the ABS bikes out doesnt that remove the limiter and let the engine rev higher. ?
yeah it does in 5th and 6th gear as they are limited so the speed doesn't go above 140 ish , whats the problem with the abs and reflash then as mine is an abs and im looking at getting it done next year?

marksim

Reaction score
yeah it does in 5th and 6th gear as they are limited so the speed doesn't go above 140 ish , whats the problem with the abs and reflash then as mine is an abs and im looking at getting it done next year?
I sent my ECU to Simon but when he checked its no he realized it wasnt the same as the standard non ABS model.
So he checked with his sources who advised not to do in case it damaged it,and they aint cheap.
He says he will be able to do in the future but not for a while as they dont rush doing the new maps.
There is a company called ECUnleased who say they can do the ABS model but they want £350 so im gunna wait and hopefully it will be sooner than later

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It won't be long till it's available for the ABS model. As soon as it is u lot will be the first to know

l34chy

Reaction score
I have just ordered new wheels for the bike and it comes with a new rear sprocket so I ordered it with 3 teeth more and 520 pitch got new front sprockets ordered 15/16 tooth.
I have done this on all my bikes over the past 25 years it comes from racing I don't do long distance riding so for me it's not an issue

marksim

Reaction score
I have just ordered new wheels for the bike and it comes with a new rear sprocket so I ordered it with 3 teeth more and 520 pitch got new front sprockets ordered 15/16 tooth.
I have done this on all my bikes over the past 25 years it comes from racing I don't do long distance riding so for me it's not an issue
Wow
1 off the front
3 on the rear
Should of just bought a rear wheel LOL
Will make it fun and lively to ride

marksim

Reaction score
I have a 07 R6 for my trackbike and its geared for Caddy and alot of the 1000cc lads thinks its so fast,its just a standard engine with can and PC3,
They have no idea and run theirs with the standard gearing LOL
I used my KTM SDR at Caddy a couple of times when waiting for some bits for the R6 and that too has a tooth less on the front.
That was real fun round there but had to be careful over the mountain

l34chy

Reaction score
I have a 07 R6 for my trackbike and its geared for Caddy and alot of the 1000cc lads thinks its so fast,its just a standard engine with can and PC3,
They have no idea and run theirs with the standard gearing LOL
I used my KTM SDR at Caddy a couple of times when waiting for some bits for the R6 and that too has a tooth less on the front.
That was real fun round there but had to be careful over the mountain
Yeah i got an r6 09 model with arrow tit system pcv quickshifter and 3 up on back 1 down on front just makes me laugh exiting corners it's brilliant with on the brakes to with the litre bikes.
that just shows you don't need a big bike just the right setup

Twozup

Reaction score
When I wer' t'lad a proper reet set up 250 two stroke would piss all over the big bikes too. Apparently it's not what u ride but how u ride it. Not that Id know I ride around in beige slacks and loafers that match my M&S cardigan. Innit

Can I have a few weeks in Lanzarote for Christmas this year please.

marksim

Reaction score
When I wer' t'lad a proper reet set up 250 two stroke would piss all over the big bikes too. Apparently it's not what u ride but how u ride it. Not that Id know I ride around in beige slacks and loafers that match my M&S cardigan. Innit

Can I have a few weeks in Lanzarote for Christmas this year please.
Still got a RGV 250 and a RD400F,love the little strokers