Steering Damper

Doyler

Reaction score
Hi Guys has any body installed one yet ..
If yes is it any good and what name and price was it
as i think the MT 09 is probably the first bike i have owned that needs one i have 7000 km on it now it just to light on the front
what do you guys think
cheers for any respones in advance

RipGroove

Reaction score
Only one I've seen so far is the GPR one, only problem is it requires you to rasie the height of the handlebars by 19mm in order to fit it. Which IMO with the stock bars would put your body position too high thus making the front end even lighter.

FZ-09 GPR v4 Steering Stabilizer | StoltecMoto

Last edited:
M

MT account

Hi Guys has any body installed one yet ..
If yes is it any good and what name and price was it
as i think the MT 09 is probably the first bike i have owned that needs one i have 7000 km on it now it just to light on the front
what do you guys think
cheers for any respones in advance
ive never seen the point in a steering damper till now and id 2nd that it could do with 1 when giving it a good thrappin'...........

dapsmt09

Reaction score
I've had a damper on every sports bike I've ever had after my 1st SRAD (before they fit them as standard) slapped itself to death and hospitalized me, but have never felt the need for one on my MT. OK it shakes and weaves a bit and can be a little twitchy after landing wheelies if a bit crossed up but ive never had it slap on me.

Horses for courses really, if its going to enhance your ride and make you feel better get one when and if a decent set-up is available!!!

Cheers daps:cool:

RipGroove

Reaction score
Dampers also make the bike feel like its on rails through the corners, if I could get one for the MT that didn't require relocating my bars I would.