steering damper

carsicchris

Reaction score
Hi everyone , fitted a G.P.R. steering damper last night, from trackparts.co.uk. It works great ,after fitting hyperpro springs and lowering forks I thought id cracked the loose front end ,(which is normal for a bike with high bars and plenty of power , but with this damper it is heaven .Comes in all colours with all fitting kit, £418 delivered next day. And no I don't work for them im a retired 62years young biker,:cool:

Stripy

Reaction score
Why didn't you go for the Hyperpro steering damper as well?
As i see, it's a tad cheaper, all inclusive?

carsicchris

Reaction score
I asked hyperpro, direct in Holland they said they didn't do one for tracer, that was after asking M&P and Demon tweeks no fitting points on tracer. GPR fits to bar riser brackets.

Sibbo46

Reaction score
Lowering forks?

Do you mean you raised the forks through the yokes? I have done this on a number of my bikes with great results. if this is what you did, how far did you raise them?

mike

Reaction score
Excellent Im saving the pennys to add one to my Tracer!..I was ust looking to seeif there where any photos of one fitted to the Tracer and bingo there they are..Thanks.

Just to make sure Im correct. You dotn have to use different risers etc and its a case adding a couple of brackets thats all. I see some you have to have risers added etc and and the bars are alot higher plus forwards. There look like you retain the original risers so if thats righ they will be eactly what Im after

carsicchris

Reaction score
Mike, you use the same risers ,all fittings included, all I did was marked with a pencil were my bars were positioned before undoing clamps, put a towel over ignition switch speedo etc, lifted bars forward them put clamp and damper in place then re-fit risers. all self explanitary on instruction leaflet. it is magic.

mike

Reaction score
Mike, you use the same risers ,all fittings included, all I did was marked with a pencil were my bars were positioned before undoing clamps, put a towel over ignition switch speedo etc, lifted bars forward them put clamp and damper in place then re-fit risers. all self explanitary on instruction leaflet. it is magic.
Thanks Chris ....I better start saving the pennies

boa

Reaction score
Lowering forks - how much ?

Hi everyone , fitted a G.P.R. steering damper last night, from trackparts.co.uk. It works great ,after fitting hyperpro springs and lowering forks I thought id cracked the loose front end ,(which is normal for a bike with high bars and plenty of power , but with this damper it is heaven .Comes in all colours with all fitting kit, £418 delivered next day. And no I don't work for them im a retired 62years young biker,:cool:
How much did you lower the forks ? I've done it on my two latest bikes and it felt better for me. Checking out the GPR4 steering damper and will probably go for it because the Ohlins is more expensive and has to sit on top of the bars. Ohlins is great though. Had it on two bikes mounted between the forks.