Stupid frame protector!!

Mat Still

Reaction score
Has anyone else lost the little plastic frame protector from under the seat? only held on with sticky pads!
Yamaha - what a stupid friggin design :mad:

lee1980

Reaction score
Where abouts is this under seat? Not noticed it and I remove seat to get lock out daily so may be gone.....

mtb

Reaction score
2 in the front were gone during day 1 of my ownership.... :(

I put some thick rubber pads there... they lasted longer (like 3 weeks) before they disappeared too!

MartinB

Reaction score
2 in the front were gone during day 1 of my ownership.... :(

I put some thick rubber pads there... they lasted longer (like 3 weeks) before they disappeared too!
Guys some photo's please!

Without pictures you might as well be talking Klingon.

Swagger

Reaction score
Gonna need a pic ... d'know what I'm looking for ... or lost ;)

My Toy

Reaction score

This is it. I dislodged one while suspending the rear of the bike to fit the ZX10 shock but just pressed it back on and so far it has stayed put.

A vee four and an inline triple, the two best sounds in motorcycling. [emoji101]

My Toy

Reaction score
From memory behind it is a small adhesive pad stuck to the frame with a couple of holes that locate the cover.

A vee four and an inline triple, the two best sounds in motorcycling. [emoji101]

motorcycleboy

Reaction score
Lagonisi Athens Greece, 37,5km from the city cente
From memory behind it is a small adhesive pad stuck to the frame with a couple of holes that locate the cover.

When you put the photo i went to my bike for inspection... the result is that on mine they are still in their position... but i discover their presence just today !!
I think its easy to loose/disconnect them if you wash the bike with pressured water.

MartinB

Reaction score
Yepp I have got one, Matt Grey Sept 2014 model

I also notice that the 2015 models get a small piece of plastic stuck to the right side of the swing arm which stops the brake hose rubbing on swing arm and taking the paint off.

Mine also has a home made version now.

Mat Still

Reaction score
That's the bit...... guess i'll have to buy an infill panel now

lee1980

Reaction score
Yepp I have got one, Matt Grey Sept 2014 model

I also notice that the 2015 models get a small piece of plastic stuck to the right side of the swing arm which stops the brake hose rubbing on swing arm and taking the paint off.

Mine also has a home made version now.
Mines got the bit on swingarm to, but thought it was a 2014 how do i know what year it is by frame number?

Fluke

Reaction score
I'm off to look for mine now but I'm pretty sure I've never seen them.
It's amazing Yamaha splashed out on such a luxury item when they couldn't afford decent suspension:rolleyes:

Well, bless my cotton socks! I do have them.
Now I just have to work out what they are protecting the frame from exactly:confused:

Last edited:

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
Never noticed them before, I've just took a sneaky peak, mine are still there, I can sleep tonight now! Lol

boro

Reaction score
lol same here, never noticed them before and can't think what they are supposed to be protecting the frame from....

My Toy

Reaction score
Have to admit when I found it beside the bike when I was changing the shock I had to look where it had come from [emoji5]️