Summer Rides

mudd

Reaction score
Thinking about buying an MT-09. I did a summer run on a friends FZ8N and found that the family jewels became overheated. Does the MT-09 cause similar problems on summer open roads.(traffic doesn't count) Look forward to all replies.

motorcycleboy

Reaction score
Lagonisi Athens Greece, 37,5km from the city cente
In my (warm) country i've never saw more temperature than 102C which happened when was waiting continuesly at traffic lights in the center of Athens with traffic jam.
When i found open road, the more throtle i gave the more dicreasement of the temperature.
For this reason i've put 10w-50 oil but next time i'll put 10w-40 for all the year..
In every day commuting (home-job-home) i see temp between 69 and 88 celsius degrees all the summer.
I realize that every 10 degrees increasement of air temperature, i have 10 degrees increasement at my engines liquid temperature
For example in April with outside temperature 20C my engine was working at 69C,
but when in May the air temp.was at 30C my engine had work at 79C.
Hope to help you..... choose MT-09;)

stevecbr

Reaction score
Shouldnt be a problem, the exhaust is a low level shortie below the swingarm.
I would have thought it may have been a problem with the older triumph street triples, as they had underseat pipes.

Birdy

Reaction score
No probs with overheating of the jewels mudd , but they may get crushed against the tank !

mudd

Reaction score
Hi All, Thanks for those replies, I have just ordered my Orange MT-09 from my local shop who offered me a deal of $11200 ride away no more to pay.