Suspension kit

monk49

Reaction score
I like the kit street box. I wonder if anyone one of us have installed and given there personal review on track and street using the kit.

T

THAIGATE14

just be aware that the I ties offer stuff with no vat added (even tho they say they do) so when it lands here you get stuffed for 20% vat plus the 30+quid customs fee-also plus vat .....and they stuff you for vat on the shipping too. ive had a few run-ins with them selling exhausts for cheap prices in euros only to find its minus UK vat.

Y

youngy

I've bought a few large items on Ebay from Italy and never had a customs issue. EU to EU should never be a problem as you can pay VAT at either end and it's their problem, not yours.

trevorleigh

Reaction score
Hi Marcus, looks like a pretty good price, that is about the cost of my Maxton rear shock (which transforms the bike) be aware though that the main problem on the front is not the springs, but the fact that it only has damping in one leg (although springs in both) which means the compression damping needs to set hard one the one leg to compensate for the non damped leg.

I will be getting a Maxton front conversion as soon as I can live without the bike for the week it is going to take.

T

THAIGATE14

I've bought a few large items on Ebay from Italy and never had a customs issue. EU to EU should never be a problem as you can pay VAT at either end and it's their problem, not yours.
it becomes your problem when the nice man from the post office rocks up and says you have to pay VAT cos the nice man who was selling items cheap on ebay didnt include a vat reciept, theres a few doing it on ebay which is why you'll see a UK price and a cheaper EURO price from the same seller.

marcusfordus

Reaction score
Hi Marcus, looks like a pretty good price, that is about the cost of my Maxton rear shock (which transforms the bike) be aware though that the main problem on the front is not the springs, but the fact that it only has damping in one leg (although springs in both) which means the compression damping needs to set hard one the one leg to compensate for the non damped leg.

I will be getting a Maxton front conversion as soon as I can live without the bike for the week it is going to take.
It would be nice to find someone who has this kit fitted already, and can do a comparison from a standard bike. Tis a good price as you get free new springs and oil for the same as a Maxton rear going on the quote they emailed me last week.

Locksmith

Reaction score
mmmm, used an Italian outfit on ebay a couple of times - something like mauro99 or similar - for exhausts etc and never had a problem (yet)!

My Toy

Reaction score

I know they tailor spring rates to your weight and riding style but how come they need the bike for a week??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

trevorleigh

Reaction score
Oh it's only 2 days to do the work, but courier each way is a day, so I could only remove the forks one weekend and replace the following

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Y

youngy

Hagon have just released a shock for the MT-09 priced at £300. A bargain or not?