SW Motech centre stand

flipper

Reaction score
does anyone have one fitted with an aftermarket exhaust?

lee1980

Reaction score
The bracket thingy sure doesnt look best but guess practical and if going long distances etc, stable on a flat surface and takes up less space as no lean to left.
Ive never had one since my learner bike, but only commute on bikes and have an Abba stand for chain oiling etc.

flipper

Reaction score
Y wud u for a centre stand to an MT? Lol
I don't really, but it's a hell of a lot easier than fannying about with paddock stands.

I don't have a front stand so use a trolley jack under the exhaust to lift the front. Fine on the stock brick shithouse exhaust but I don't fancy that with an aftermarket pipe. So the centre stand is a good option...... if it works with an aftermarket pipe - it looks like the stand rests on the scrotum.

Do you get it now?

MadGelo

Reaction score
I always thought the center stands were for old man bikes, like a Harley, BMW or FZ8

Last edited:

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't really, but it's a hell of a lot easier than fannying about with paddock stands.

I don't have a front stand so use a trolley jack under the exhaust to lift the front. Fine on the stock brick shithouse exhaust but I don't fancy that with an aftermarket pipe. So the centre stand is a good option...... if it works with an aftermarket pipe - it looks like the stand rests on the scrotum.

Do you get it now?
Yes I get it.

flipper

Reaction score
I AM an old man. Still ride like a fuckin idiot though.

flipper

Reaction score
in addition to a stand I was also looking at luggage. Assen motogp beckons next year and I'll need to take socks, incontinence pants etc so I was looking for bags and found this:

YAMAHA MT 09 SOFT BAG SUPPORT | eBay

I reckon this makes the centre stand look quite attractive. What a feckin abortion!!

MadGelo

Reaction score
the comment was with a tongue in cheek. Assuming I am using that phrase correctly