SW-Motech Tank Bag

crotchrocket

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just thought i'd let you know what I'm up too. I bought an airbag vest ( Products : ProAir ) so I'm no longer using my rucksack as its a little too much over my shoulders and i felt i couldn't move my neck! although technically i could still use it. I was at the bike show last weekend looking at tank bags and wondered over to the Motohaus stand who retail SW-Motech. I'm interested in either the SW-Motech Evo City or the Evo Gs tank bags, as they follow the shape of the MT-09 quite well. Although they don't produce an MT-09 tank ring, the Yamaha supplied one is SW-Motech rebranded, so the bags should fit that perfectly. Anywhoo, Motohaus are sending both tank bags to Yamaha Clapham for me, so i can test them both on the bike then choose the one i like to keep. Plus i can have the 10% discount from the show. Hows that for service !!

I'll take pics of both on the bike for others. But for now, these are the bags. The GS is a bit bigger than the City

Mitch

Reaction score
Currently haveing a crap experience with SW-Motech. .. they told me they had a product is stock and be with me in 5-7 days ... now they have emailed me saying it will be in 4-6 weeks I have put a complaint in to receive nothing back

crotchrocket

Reaction score
Here is the comparison. The EVO CITY looks better on the bike but its just too small for me. The EVO GS is much bigger and still follows the tank well, so i chose that one. THis are just laid on the tank and haven't been fitted properly.

Last edited:

lou

Reaction score
Hi Crochrocket, You can get a tankring for the MT09, mine is on order three wks del as it comes from Germany through motohause. Mine was ordered through Infinity motorcycles @ southampton. If you speak to Dave or Trevor tel them Lou sent you and they will look after you, phone no is 02380338311. Hope this helps regards Lou. Life's to short to grow up

crotchrocket

Reaction score
Hey Lou, thanks for the offer but Motohaus sent me a tank bag and ring on Thursday, so i already have it fitted :) So i don't know why your needing to wait? Unless you went for the electric one?

crotchrocket

Reaction score
Some better pics of it actually fitted. Hugs the tank really well. I am impressed with it, but it was bloody expensive!

marcusfordus

Reaction score
My goodness, that is a large one you have there !

Certainly a touring screen wont ever be needed. You could hide in that thing if required. Just what do you carry in it, the weeks shopping from Asda. :D

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
My goodness, that is a large one you have there !

Certainly a touring screen wont ever be needed. You could hide in that thing if required. Just what do you carry in it, the weeks shopping from Asda. :D
I think u cud open the flap up, turn it upside down and use it as a bike cover as well it's that big, sport Billy's bag comes to mind lol.