T9 GT+

Littlebruv

Reaction score
Hi all
Has anyone bought the very latest Tracer yet? if yes, have a few of the regular complaints concerning older Tracers been refined ie seat comfort, brakes wind protection, snatchy throttle

Tim Tucker

Reaction score
I got a 2022 Tracer 9 GT earlier this year. I traded in my Tracer 900 GT for it.

Seat comfort is a little better, I think. You're sat more in the bike than previously. I found the Tracer 900 better than the original MT-09 Tracer seat, which I found awful.

Throttle is a little snatchy still in the most aggressive mode, but otherwise fine. The new 899cc engine is absolutely fantastic, by the way.

I think people complain more about wind noise than protection. I can't comment because I whipped the OE screen off as soon as I got it and replaced it with an Ermax sport screen. The 900 GT had the Yamaha touring screen on it, which I didn't like so much. The sport screen is very quiet, despite me being much more exposed.

Brakes are the same as before.

On the plus side, the handling is much better, the semi-active suspension seems to work well (if you go for a GT or GT+) and I like the bigger panniers, though they are a rather odd shape.

Get yourself down a dealer and have a test ride.

Littlebruv

Reaction score
I got a 2022 Tracer 9 GT earlier this year. I traded in my Tracer 900 GT for it.

Seat comfort is a little better, I think. You're sat more in the bike than previously. I found the Tracer 900 better than the original MT-09 Tracer seat, which I found awful.

Throttle is a little snatchy still in the most aggressive mode, but otherwise fine. The new 899cc engine is absolutely fantastic, by the way.

I think people complain more about wind noise than protection. I can't comment because I whipped the OE screen off as soon as I got it and replaced it with an Ermax sport screen. The 900 GT had the Yamaha touring screen on it, which I didn't like so much. The sport screen is very quiet, despite me being much more exposed.

Brakes are the same as before.

On the plus side, the handling is much better, the semi-active suspension seems to work well (if you go for a GT or GT+) and I like the bigger panniers, though they are a rather odd shape.

Get yourself down a dealer and have a test ride.
Thanks for the reply, good review