Tail tidy easy to fit ?

sandtrap

Reaction score
Got an R&G tail tidy , dealer said they would fit it .. But not until first service ... Is it easy to do your self ?

T

THAIGATE14

yup, slip the 2 10mm bolts out of the plastic covers each side of the tail light, whip the 4 8mm bolts out of the plate holding the seat latch and take that off and the rest is plain to sort out.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Dont bother. I had one on for 4 months and sent it back because all to powder coat peeled off

ACE CAFE MEET FRIDAY 27th JUNE @ 6pm

My Toy

Reaction score
Which tail tidy allows the seat lock cover to be retained, if any?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My Toy

Reaction score
.....and original indicators? Sorry for the silly questions.

Schultzy

Reaction score
No idea on the oem indicators as I have the Yamaha LED's on mine...
How bright are the Yamaha LEDS? Been thinking about getting some as well as the Yamaha Tail Tidy which looks nice.

I havent had LEDS for ages on bikes as they used to be really crap and poor brightness compared to the halogens - these ones give good light during the day?

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
How bright are the Yamaha LEDS? Been thinking about getting some as well as the Yamaha Tail Tidy which looks nice.

I havent had LEDS for ages on bikes as they used to be really crap and poor brightness compared to the halogens - these ones give good light during the day?
They're pretty bright to be honest. No trouble seeing them in daylight and very bright at night.

ACE CAFE MEET FRIDAY 27th JUNE @ 6pm

mt09holland

Reaction score
I've got the Rizoma LEDs front and rear, they are very bright and look great with the tail tidy,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rob5006

Reaction score
Anybody bought and fitted a tail tidy recently....what make....how much.....and how is it to self fit.....many thanks.

MT-Pete

Reaction score
.....and original indicators? Sorry for the silly questions.

Again, genuine Yamaha. It has differeent brackets included in the kit so you can fit the original or after market indicators.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Rizoma flush rear LED tail light and Rizoma tail tidy with Yamaha LED indicators front and rear. All very easy to fit.
Also the bracket on the tidy rotates so u can have it angled to where u want, the whole unit slides back and forth and also up am down

Last edited:

Locksmith

Reaction score
The Yamaha one keeps the cover and indicators and you can have it longer or shorter!

rob5006

Reaction score
Not many listings on ebay for the official Yam. but plenty for the R & G. How long to fit....30 mins...?

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Not many listings on ebay for the official Yam. but plenty for the R & G. How long to fit....30 mins...?
Don't bother with the R&G one. Very substandard powder coating. I had one on for a month before it all flaked off and we sent it back for a full refund