TBR s1r noise

jack591

Reaction score
G'day all,

So a few weeks back i got stopped and issued with an epa noise notice from a police officer. Yesterday in the mail i finally recieved the letter from the epa stating i must undertake a noise test from an approved testing station. I do still have my original exhaust which i can put on to pass the test however i was wondering if anyone knows what the db output is at 5000rpm for this exhaust (TWO BROTHERS S1R carbon with power tip in) and save me the hassle of changing pipes.
Any help would be great.

Cheers

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's on their web site mate. I had that system a couple of years ago. Depends which power tip uv got on there...

Fluke

Reaction score
Hi mate
I've now got Triple's TBR system on mine and I ferkin' love the sound.
Can you let me know what info you find out if they test your pipe for noise.
The TBR website says 99db but I'm not so sure.

I was pulled the other day and I was sure they we're going to moan about the pipe but they were more interested in my little number plate. Fortunately:rolleyes:
Cheers, Fluke

Fluke

Reaction score
In a word, 'Blimey!'
I've been using the quietest baffle then for a giggle, I switched to the noisy one. It lasted about a week. Too raucous, even for me.
Looking on the TBR website, it's listed at under 100db but I have my doubts:rolleyes:
I love the look and sound of the system and there's the added bonus that it's not an akra like everyone else's.

With all the mods, the bike is damn near perfect. Obviously the zorst and remap sorted out the power while the ZX10 shock, ohlins springs and PR4's have taken care of the handling.
I had a long weekend in the Belgian mountains and really got a chance to appreciate what a stunning package this machine is.

Do you and Simon have a dyno? Cos I want to see what's being delivered out back.
Let me know and I'll see you soon.

How you getting on with your (underpowered;))FZ8?

Cheers, Fluke

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Haha. Glad ur still enjoying her. That system u got off me was the first TBR to go on an MT outside of the US so I understand where you're coming from ref not being the akrapovič, that's why I bought it lol. Yes there's a dyno but there's a lot of R&D work going on at the moment so I have no idea when it will be ready. Will find out and let you know.

Still loving the 8 but now looking for a fazer1 lol.

Fluke

Reaction score
Gagging to get it on the dyno so definitely keep me posted.
I've a mate who wants his ECU done to so we'll probably ride up together.
Hope you manage to find an FZ1
See you soon, mate

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Gagging to get it on the dyno so definitely keep me posted.
I've a mate who wants his ECU done to so we'll probably ride up together.
Hope you manage to find an FZ1
See you soon, mate
Well let us know when ur mate wants to come up and we can sort something out [emoji106]

jack591

Reaction score
I got the bike tested the other week before heading off to phillip island. Unfortunately i pussied out and put the standard system on for the test however the mechanic informed me (in Australia anyway) that you can add 5db to the noise compliance plate on your bike for models newer then 2005. So that would give me a 99db limit. And as you said earlier TBR list there pipe as being at 99db. My standard pipe came in at 91db at 5000rpm so i think the TBR system would probably be ok at 99db. I will be putting the system straight back on and the next noise infringement i get as I'm sure i will illl be leaving the pipe on for it.