the offical where is yours rusting thread.

flydnb

Reaction score
ok I will start no rust yet but Its not my primary form of transport, if it rains I take the car.

Mitch

Reaction score
I have the rear shock yamaha apologised and said they will replace it

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Rear shock and linkage
Bar ends
Most of the bolts/clips
Battery tray
Side stand

MT-09 Wheelie Wheelie mental.....!

Last edited:

flydnb

Reaction score
Sorry I mean the bit underneath it... rite near the top of the shock where it meets the frame.
id be asking for a new bike mate, yes they are cheap but still about 7k on the rd and it really shouldn't be rusting after 6 months, Chinese bikes do better lol, I think if it went to court you would win just by using your statortoury rights.

Twozup

Reaction score
Sorry I mean the bit underneath it... rite near the top of the shock where it meets the frame.
Jeezus Trips sounds like you either ride in the sea or you got a bit of a nail there matey!

As per Flys comments I'd be asking for the dealer to justify a bike that new rusting so much!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Jeezus Trips sounds like you either ride in the sea or you got a bit of a nail there matey!

As per Flys comments I'd be asking for the dealer to justify a bike that new rusting so much!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I will be having a quiet word with my mate I think and getting some warranty work done ASAP...

Mitch

Reaction score
I will be having a quiet word with my mate I think and getting some warranty work done ASAP...
U should mate my dealer said any item that rust in first 2 years will be replaced

M

MT account

they can watch mine rust while theyre doing the chain tensioner...

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
U should mate my dealer said any item that rust in first 2 years will be replaced

They won't have a problem with replacing any of it. Just a ball ache getting it done lol

Mitch

Reaction score
They won't have a problem with replacing any of it. Just a ball ache getting it done lol
I no the feeling I have to have my rear shock done so It's a 30 min trip up there to hand my bike over for the day ..... am gona try my luck at getting a upgrade to the hyperpro shock and pay the extra

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I no the feeling I have to have my rear shock done so It's a 30 min trip up there to hand my bike over for the day ..... am gona try my luck at getting a upgrade to the hyperpro shock and pay the extra

Do it lol. Wot u got to lose [emoji12]

MT-09. Wheelie Wheelie Mental..!

Birdy

Reaction score
Mine is rust free ( bar ends... but i fitted heated grips and damaged paint) Ride thru winter and just spray it with ACF 50..... i am one lucky bastard... apart from getting the big C, but i feel a rust free bike is more important....

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Mine is rust free ( bar ends... but i fitted heated grips and damaged paint) Ride thru winter and just spray it with ACF 50..... i am one lucky bastard... apart from getting the big C, but i feel a rust free bike is more important....
I rode all thru winter as well... ACF-50'd it to death and STILL got the dreaded R (rust)!

Had 2 C scares now and I don't envy u at all bud.

MT-09. Wheelie Wheelie Mental..!