The rather nice speed block at CMC

marcusfordus

Reaction score
There is a rather nice MT-09 sticker in red between the frame rails, and it suits the bike.
Its just a shame they had to use a deep armor as the base coat ;)

Sent from my XT615 using Tapatalk 2

dapsmt09

Reaction score
That looks mega apart from the stupid Yamaha excuse for a rear seat cover.

Mine is Defo getting painted at some point.

Cheers daps:cool:

Spot

Reaction score
I'm biased obviously because I bought the yellow version :) , but i'm not that keen on that white one.

KatanaAl

Reaction score
I like that and I like the gold forks, you can't beat a bit of bling. Also love the Kenny Roberts replica.
Any idea what a paint shop would charge cos in reality there is not that much to paint.
Been left a bit of money and I don't know whether to get a paint job or go for an Akropovic exhaust system.
I know the paint job will be a fair amount cheaper and once you get the bike wound up in A mode the existing exhaust sounds fantastic.
I've got the Race Blu bike and maybe something with a matching blue speedblock on white would look good. This means there would be no need to paint
the wheels.

Last edited:

Spot

Reaction score
I know CMC get their bikes done at Racepaint UK in Nottingham (01773 533072). You could always give 'em a bell a see what they'll charge.
CMC add approx £900 more to the cost of the bike for the KR paintjob but that does include the screen and that rubbish seat cover. Without those bits being added and painted or the wheels being done i'd expect it to be a lot cheaper.

Then you could always give dream machine a shout to compare what they charge. Other aftermarket painters are available :D

KatanaAl

Reaction score
Thanks Spot, could be around the £500 - £600 mark then. I will have a word with Ian Bell (Ian Bell Motorcycles) when the bike goes in for it's first service, I think he has had one or two bikes done by Dream Machine over the years.
Have to agree whoever designed the seat cover should be sacked.

flydnb

Reaction score
or go to Halfords and ask for a tin of white spray and some blue spray key it up with some scotchbrite and start spraying, don't bother taking the tank off just put some newspaper stuffed in the gaps and bingo nice new paint job for 12 quid, im a great believer in doing things properly.

Spot

Reaction score
or go to Halfords and ask for a tin of white spray and some blue spray key it up with some scotchbrite and start spraying, don't bother taking the tank off just put some newspaper stuffed in the gaps and bingo nice new paint job for 12 quid, im a great believer in doing things properly.
You bloody perfectionist! :D