Throwovers

XB12X

Reaction score
Another question. Having looked at all the rack options, I think they all ruin the looks of the MT-09. Most of the time my Baglux tang bag will suffice, but for holidays I need to carry more. Has anyone bought a set of throwovers, please? And if so, what are they?

Jess24845030

Reaction score
Another question. Having looked at all the rack options, I think they all ruin the looks of the MT-09. Most of the time my Baglux tang bag will suffice, but for holidays I need to carry more. Has anyone bought a set of throwovers, please? And if so, what are they?
image.jpg

I got these from my local yamaha dealer yesterday they come in small and large . These are the small the large seemed just to big for the bike really , and also I can use them in conjunction with my small Kriega backpack . Test fitted at the dealer seem good enough but can't really say till I get a chance to use them in September for a long weekend away . Cheap really at under £70 . Best I can tell you at the moment .

XB12X

Reaction score
Thanks. Since I posted the original question, I've stumbled across the Oxford X30 tail pack, which seems really well-constructed. It expands up to 30L from what appears to be about 15L.

XB12X

Reaction score
To the person who sent me a private message, I'm sorry, I deleted the email notifying me of it by mistake, so I could not reply. I am not interested in panniers, though. Thanks for your time.

R6owdlad

Reaction score
Thanks. Since I posted the original question, I've stumbled across the Oxford X30 tail pack, which seems really well-constructed. It expands up to 30L from what appears to be about 15L.
I use one of these with Yamaha tail rack. Very tidy piece of kit...

XB12X

Reaction score
I stood on my head to view the tailpack.

Another question about it. Would you be able to mount it without the rack, just on the back seat? It looks to be really good quality. Good zips?

R6owdlad

Reaction score
I stood on my head to view the tailpack.

Another question about it. Would you be able to mount it without the rack, just on the back seat? It looks to be really good quality. Good zips?
Yes you would. I use Velcro straps to attach it and you could use these under the seat. Yes also zips good quality and guaranteed I think for life...although you would have to check that with supplier.

XB12X

Reaction score
That looks like the one I want. It's a shame it's not a 20L which expands to 30L. I won't be carrying more than 20L of stuff. You reckon the unexpanded bit is less than 15L, as well.

To the other poster, thanks but I don't want panniers.

R6owdlad

Reaction score
That looks like the one I want. It's a shame it's not a 20L which expands to 30L. I won't be carrying more than 20L of stuff. You reckon the unexpanded bit is less than 15L, as well.

To the other poster, thanks but I don't want panniers.
they do different sizes-go and have a look at them in the flesh-am sure you'll find something to suit...

XB12X

Reaction score
I've just had a look at the Oxford X40 on Youtube. Expands from about 30L. It looks good. Another contender is the Wolfman Wolf Tail Bag. 19.5 L expands to 24.5L. Maybe a touch small, but every bit as good quality-wise as Oxford. I'll have to have a practice pack using an old 20L tank bag (I hate it) I possess. Odds on it's the X40.

XB12X

Reaction score
I stumbled over a Youtube video for the MT-09 throwovers. They look pretty good. I don't really like pannier type things, but they don't seem to stick out too much. Has anyone used these? Any photos? Quality good - zips etc?