time flying !!

Yam MT 09

Reaction score
watcha all , went out for a ride tonight and the time just flew by , literally !!!!! my clock seems to gain about 5 to 6 minutes a month , has anyone else noticed this ? the MT 07 I had last year did exactly the same , that gained 35 minutes in six months !! thought something was wrong when the ball and chain said " you're back early " !!!!!!! ;)

My Toy

Reaction score
I haven't really checked the time apart from making sure it's on BST and not GMT (as I have the luxury of not having to ride it through winter) but I will now you've mentioned it. Seems a bit bizarre cos electronic clocks are supposed to be more accurate, but having said that my wife's alarm clock is always 5 to 8 minutes different from mine and they both get the time signal via the mains power supply, i.e. we don't have to set the time manually.

A vee four and an inline triple, the two best sounds in motorcycling. [emoji101]

Swagger

Reaction score
... get the time signal via the mains power supply ...
:confused:
What? Those things are radio controlled ... they use a carrier wave to sync the time with NIST's big ol' mother clock in Colorado. (The UK may have another atomic clock)

My Toy

Reaction score
I bow to your superior knowledge sir, perhaps I should stick to [emoji354][emoji15]

A vee four and an inline triple, the two best sounds in motorcycling. [emoji101]

Yam MT 09

Reaction score
perhaps its my magnetic personality or me pacemaker !!!!! :p not to keen on the yanks spying on me from Colorado either !!!! lol :eek: