Tracer chain adjuster blocks

Shaun64

Reaction score
I've just adjusted the chain on my tracer only to find on the sprocket end of the spindle turns against the block marking it and also tightening the chain as it spins,I've got round it by holding the sprocket end with an adjustable spanner while my daughter tightened the nut which I've done to 110 nm as when I undo the nut it was no were near 150 nm,anyone else had similar problem? Have Yamaha changed the tensioner blocks under warranty?.

chump

Reaction score
They're probably the same as the ones on the MT09 - made of cheese. Try a warranty claim - others have. Or replace them with something decent.

Shaun64

Reaction score
Chump are there some decent after market ones?.

Cranky

Reaction score
I'm selling some Gilles tooling ones with titanium nut on eBay
They do look good [emoji3]

Cranky

Reaction score
£60 + post is my best price [emoji3]

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
So did I...!
That are made of cheese..!
I then decided to put the Giles Racing Adjusters on instead.

Shaun64

Reaction score
So did I...!
That are made of cheese..!
I then decided to put the Giles Racing Adjusters on instead.
Triple trouble are your Gilles adjusters the ones on eBay for around £80 from cal sport ? It would be great if you had some pics of them fitted,I've also seen the r&g ones for around £55.cheers.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Triple trouble are your Gilles adjusters the ones on eBay for around £80 from cal sport ? It would be great if you had some pics of them fitted,I've also seen the r&g ones for around £55.cheers.
Yes from calsport. Bought them about 2 years ago though lol.

chump

Reaction score
Gilles are the Yamaha official accessory items. They're £70 odd from Yamaha - mine came as a freebie on the bike.

Shaun64

Reaction score
Gilles are the Yamaha official accessory items. They're £70 odd from Yamaha - mine came as a freebie on the bike.
Cheers chump,I've just looked on eBay and calsport have red ones for £65 and my bikes red,I've just emailed them to see if the mt09 and tracer use the same adjuster.

highlander

Reaction score
Cheers chump,I've just looked on eBay and calsport have red ones for £65 and my bikes red,I've just emailed them to see if the mt09 and tracer use the same adjuster.
The adjuster blocks on the MT-09 and Tracer are the same part numbers, so you should be fine.

Shaun64

Reaction score
Gilles chain adjuster in red arrive from cal sport £65 in red which is a good match for my tracers Lava red ,much better now to adjust chain I am well pleased with them ,cheers to those who recommended them.

Last edited:

Carvern

Reaction score
Gilles adjuster

Just fitted the Gilles adjuster tonight, easy job, look good and adjustment precise. Torquing the spindle is simple, the chain does not move at all.

LewFZ1

Reaction score
Maybe made of cheese, but I have adjusted my chain a couple of times now and as long as you take your time no problem. The original ones were knackered by the previous owner.