Tyre deals,which ones?

yermaun

Reaction score
Hey all,original tyres still on bike only see's good weather,same for£140 a pair on ebay,is there a better tyre out there?

yermaun

Reaction score
Dunlop's,but would like more of a feel when I'm acting a hoonigan?,

flipper

Reaction score
most people seem to hate the Dunlops. I have S20 Bridgestones and like them - my local bike shop is a Bridgestone stockist so they're on tap. Many on here rate Pirelli PR4s.

yermaun

Reaction score
Pilot road 1 Michelin £119 a pair sound ok?any comments on them?

Booney

Reaction score
Pilot road 1 Michelin £119 a pair sound ok?any comments on them?
Pr1 is a budget Sport-Touring tyre that is very good once well warmed up. I've been running PR2s for the last few years
on my Multistrada and have total confidence in them. Good grip,mileage and feel/feedback on all types of road surfaces -
a really first class all round tyre. I previously used Conti road attacks (and RA2s)and found they wore unevenly and could be a bit edgy, lots of slippy moments! Pilot Power is a budget Sport Tyre which I have also used and can vouch for its performance but they do not last long. PP2cts are better as they are dual compound and longer lasting (not as much PR2s though) and I have a set ready to go on the MT next.
But at the end of the day you have to try for yourself and see how you feel with whatever tyre you choose. My best advice
is don't let the price be the deciding factor as it is essential to be totally confident in your tyres and having an off just to save
a few quid is certainly false economy!

Best
Booney

yermaun

Reaction score
Thanks man,price not an issue for confidence in your bike under you,

reeseyboy

Reaction score
I found that there was more feeling from the PR3 over the PR4. Did 9500 miles with the PR3 on my VFR1200 and couldn't fault them. Did 3500 miles on the PR4 and noticed that there wasn't the same feel from the front when the roads got colder. Not sure what the Tracer comes fitted with but they will be replaced with PR3's if I don't like the OEM tyres.

boro

Reaction score
Had the PR3 and thought they had great grip wet or dry, the PR4 had a bit more movement and didn't feel right to me, just seemed to squirm more., Both lasted very well and grip was good. Now moved onto T30, as if they are good enough for mstr Haslam and the Blades and 600 they run thought they must be good.. Got to say they have a less wet weather grove profile than the PR's, but have been nothing but outstanding. Even manged to get then sliding on a track day with confidence. NZ is sub tropical so when it rains here it floods the place yet these have been rock solid, although we don't freeze (in the top half of the North Island) here so no idea what they would be like in the cold.

Booney

Reaction score
I like the sound of those T30's ,I might try a set on the Multi.
What sort of mileage do you get out of them boro?
Cheers
B