Ventura luggage woes on my Tracer ?!

MikeyFZS1

Reaction score
Eyup, I would be interested to know if any of you fine people have fitted the Ventura luggage system to your Tracer, and if so have you had any fitment issues ? I took delivery of my sparkly (well, as sparkly as satin-finish black gets…….) new Ventura “L” brackets and offered them up to the Tracer to find they simply do not fit ! They are deffo the correct ones for the bike, but the holes do not quite line up with the Tracer grab handle holes into which they are supposed to be bolted ! Drilling the “L” bracket holes out (by around an extra 2mm dia each) would just about sort the problem, but there would then be very little “meat” left on the “L” brackets mounting tabs, so I am currently waiting for a reply from Motohaus (Ventura UK importers), who have asked for photos, etc and a covering email so they can investigate further.

The least I expect when I pay £104 for two bits of bent mild-steel tube with a couple of brackets welded on with holes in them is that they actually fit the bloomin' bike !!! Good job my Spanish holiday is a few weeks away and not this weekend or I'd be scuppered !!!!

Cheers, Fletch

donut

Reaction score
Eyup, I would be interested to know if any of you fine people have fitted the Ventura luggage system to your Tracer, and if so have you had any fitment issues ? I took delivery of my sparkly (well, as sparkly as satin-finish black gets…….) new Ventura “L” brackets and offered them up to the Tracer to find they simply do not fit ! They are deffo the correct ones for the bike, but the holes do not quite line up with the Tracer grab handle holes into which they are supposed to be bolted ! Drilling the “L” bracket holes out (by around an extra 2mm dia each) would just about sort the problem, but there would then be very little “meat” left on the “L” brackets mounting tabs, so I am currently waiting for a reply from Motohaus (Ventura UK importers), who have asked for photos, etc and a covering email so they can investigate further.

The least I expect when I pay £104 for two bits of bent mild-steel tube with a couple of brackets welded on with holes in them is that they actually fit the bloomin' bike !!! Good job my Spanish holiday is a few weeks away and not this weekend or I'd be scuppered !!!!

Cheers, Fletch

Have fitted a Ventura system to my standard MT-09 without any problems so hopefully yours is an isolated problem which will get resolved quickly and easily.

I have previously fitted Ventura brackets to my:

MT-07 - bit of a job but only because I have a tail tidy fitted
Speed Triple 1050 (face lift model) - only problem was having to invert indicator brackets and file out some holes a bit - again due to a tail tidy
Speed Triple 955 - no problems
VTR1000 Firestorm - no problems

and a mate has them on his CBR1000RR which was about a 2 minute job

Usually a good bit of kit so if you haven't used before I strongly suggest you bear with it.

trevorleigh

Reaction score
Must admit that steered away from the Ventura on my Tracer although I love the simple system, on the tracer it seems that all the weight is taken on the brackets, mean 10kg max load. where as previous bikes like my FZ1 Fazer the bag actually sat on the rear seat meaning weigh was not an issue. I would however be very happy to hear how it works when you get it fitted.

MikeyFZS1

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies chaps, I've fitted the Ventura stuff to FZS1000, Daytona 955, Speed Triple, FZ1s, Tuono and Tiger Sport without hassle (well maybe a little filing of the mounting holes on occasion), so was a bit frustrated when the Tracer ones were so far out, especially as I bought new (I usually manage to find some 2nd hand ?)
Anyway, Ventura (Motohaus UK) believe it is an isolated "bad" batch and my replacements are arriving Monday so I'll let you know how I get on, cheers, Fletch

MikeyFZS1

Reaction score
By way of an update, the second set of L brackets arrived and aligned better than first set but I still needed to drill out the 10mm holes to 12mm to allow me to fit them to the bike ! A bit poor IMO. However after 2 weeks hooning around Spain and Portugal I can report that the Tracer Ventura system worked well even with about 20kg of luggage rammed into it !! Cheers, Mike