[WANTED] Akrapovic DB Insert

RipGroove

Reaction score
As above I'm after a standard db insert for the MT/FZ Akrapovic.

Sent from outer space

RipGroove

Reaction score
Can find out a price for u if u want one

MT-09 Wheelie Wheelie mental.....!
Yeah that would be cool, I did have a quick search online but was scared off when I saw the 72.48€ price plus shipping from somewhere or other. A price through a UK dealer would be handy :)

Sent from outer space

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah that would be cool, I did have a quick search online but was scared off when I saw the 72.48€ price plus shipping from somewhere or other. A price through a UK dealer would be handy :)

Sent from outer space
Ok. Will have a word with my parts lady tomorrow and get back to u

MT-09 Wheelie Wheelie mental.....!

M

MT account

ah! look what the postie brought me.....and its raining again so when ive finished making the leaning tower of akra its out with the dremmel and off with its tubes..........and another little mod im just working out now........
20140501_094639.jpg

RipGroove

Reaction score
ah! look what the postie brought me.....and its raining again so when ive finished making the leaning tower of akra its out with the dremmel and off with its tubes..........and another little mod im just working out now........
View attachment 1313
Dammit, you're posting this here to mock me ain't ya!

Sent from outer space

M

MT account

i can send you the bit i cut off if you like?.............:)

M

MT account

im taking it with me-just in case i get too much shaaating! from the feds. anyway, ill share the mod i was gonna do with you lot as it will help anyone using a stock db killer. the killer is a real barsteward to get in n out so i thought of welding stainless 5 or 6mm nuts to the exit pipes, just out of sight of the exit. then you can screw a slide hammer in there and pop the insert out in a jiffy.....lovely. :)
20140501_123210.jpg

............however, after cutting the pipes off i found the remaining bit slips in easily so i havnt welded the nuts on as you can see in the pic. i ground down the pipe a bit and hacksawed a slot above the screw hole so you can line it up easily, you'll need that if putting the full length killer back in. ;)
20140501_123216.jpg
if you do the nut thing you would need to set up the slide hammer end with the slide bolt screwed into the nut. then place it on the exit pipe and it will be angled up slightly due to the size of the slide hammer end. otherwise you would need a 4inch long bolt to clear the exit pipes :)

Last edited by a moderator:

RipGroove

Reaction score
I made a slide hammer with a hook on the end, feed down one of the pipes and hook it under, no need for welding.

Sent from outer space

M

MT account

not as neat as my mod, but then again you can"t beat the original lol
a ladyboy friend of mine said you should always leave a bit at the base, just in case you decide to stick it back on again........

redline

Reaction score
not as neat as my mod, but then again you can"t beat the original lol
Hello, the db killer modified (pipes cut) when mounted on the bike does not rattle? I ask because the db killer has no support, it is only held by the top screw, right?

Please inform because I'm planning on this mod but I'm afraid to damage the pipe because of too much pressure on the screw and no additional support for the db killer (pipes cut so no support on the muffler.

Mordechaivanunu

Reaction score
It shouldn't rattle because the one screw pulls it up tight against the outer section of pipe it slides in to. Mines fine no problems

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

paulrab

Reaction score
Once you've removed the db killer and have gotten used to the lovely noise the akra produces, i doubt you will want to replace it, modified or not.

RipGroove

Reaction score
Once you've removed the db killer and have gotten used to the lovely noise the akra produces, i doubt you will want to replace it, modified or not.
[emoji106] I wouldn't put my baffle back in again unless I had a very good reason to do so.

Sent from my iPhone