Warning about ordering from yamabits

MadGelo

Reaction score
THey are located in JERSEY, that apparently not part of EU, therefor you have to pay import tax.

Last edited:
M

MT account

thats why theyre cheaper. their prices are excluding VAT.....a lot of italian sites publish prices on ebay UK without VAT for buyers elsewhere than rip-off europe.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
thats why theyre cheaper. their prices are excluding VAT.....a lot of italian sites publish prices on ebay UK without VAT for buyers elsewhere than rip-off europe.
Ur 110% rite my friend....! It's not always wot it seems when u order from scamabits lol

emptyoh9

Reaction score
Glad i read this post, thought it was too good to be true.

Where's best for official gear, without the official price?

dmb999

Reaction score
I had no problem dealing with them back in February.

I'd heard similar stories so emailed them in advance and got a reply from a guy called Fenby Miskin who stated "Thanks for your message. We pre-pay all the VAT so our website price (with P&P) is the price that you pay. Curious as to who is telling you otherwise?".

I purchased the full Akro system plus a few other bits and pieces. He updated me on postage details and couldn't have been more helpful. There were no issues with extra VAT, tax etc.

MadGelo

Reaction score
We are based in Jersey, Channel Islands which is not part of the EU. You are responsible for any local VAT.

Regards
Fenby Miskin

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Import VAT
VAT is a tax normally charged on the supply of goods (and services) made by a VAT - registered business in the UK. For goods brought in or sent to the UK from the EU there's no extra VAT to pay unless you're ordering or sending purchased goods from one of the EU Special Territories, such as Jersey or Guernsey, in which case you'll have to pay import VAT.
The EU 'Special Territories' are The Aland Islands (Finland), The Canary Islands (Spain), The Channel Islands (UK), The French Overseas Departments of Guadeloupe, French Guiana, Martinique and Reunion and Mount Athos also known as Agion Oros (Greece).
Goods imported to the UK from outside the EU are subject to import VAT, unless they are brought in as part of your duty free allowances.

Import VAT rate
The percentage charged is the same VAT rate that applies to similar goods that are sold in the UK.
The import VAT percentage rate is applied to the total value of the goods. In the case of goods brought in this is the sterling equivalent of the price paid abroad, as shown on the receipt. In the case of goods posted from outside the EU, it is the amount on the Customs Declaration, which includes the price paid for the goods, the cost of transport, postage and packing, insurance and any duty that may be payable.

Import VAT allowances
If you're posting goods to the UK, or ordering them from a non-EU country, you, or the importer only have to pay import VAT above a certain value - however please note that from 1 April 2012 all merchandise sent to the UK from the Channel Islands is subject to import VAT. The import VAT relief value is different if you're posting a gift.

Full details here
[MENTION=154]flydnb[/MENTION] consider urself well and truly told haha. There's nothing like having a point proved is there. [emoji51]

Locksmith

Reaction score
I bought stuff off of them earlier in the year with no problem (UK address).

gazza

Reaction score
yamabits

THey are located in JERSEY, that apparently not part of EU, therefor you have to pay import tax.
i have bought several bits from yamabit , and can confirm you do not pay any import duty

gazza

Reaction score
yamabits

ive got items from yamabits. there is no extra tax or vat, or import duty , but even thought the parts are cheaper you do have to pay postage. sometimes though yamabits will have the part that you can not get anywhere else, which was the case when i got my fly screen at the time.