We need your help ?

RichardPB

Reaction score
Can you help us ?

Hi Guys,

Powerbronze need your help.

If you have an Akrapovic exhaust on your MT-09, we would like to check our belly pan with the exhaust.

If you live near us (our postcode is BN16 3LF), we will let you have the belly pan for £50 if it is fitted successfully and you want to keep it on your bike.

We would need the bike to come here to our factory for us to test fit and photograph it.

Please give us a call on 01903 783222 selecting Option 1 for sales and ask for Richard.

Thanks very much.

Richard. :cool: :D

Last edited:

Stripy

Reaction score
Sorry, I thought flydnb was tight, but I must admit that PowerBronze seems even tighter...

What's the great deal, in "I'll have to travel to you, I'm required to have spent £900 more on my bike, you can then borrow my bike for an amount of time and scratch it. For free.
I can then buy a piece of plastic from you for £50 - and then ride home again"?

I'm sorry, where is the benefit, RichardPB, or is just me, that don't under stand the incredible value of this excellent offer, judging from the magnificent beautiful design, your hugger have?

misscrabstick

Reaction score
Nooooo, I'd want a free bellypan, free lunch and a tour of the factory.

or
You get in your car, bring it to my house and I will make you a cup of tea while you check it, I am not even sure I want a bellypan anyhow.

In Kent, Isle of Sheppey and I am around most days.

Last edited:

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm about an hour or so away and feel exactly the same as smb. Not much of an offer really is it?!? Take a look at my reply to Richards thread "hello" ref the "new" stuff they've made for our bike. Takes the piss me thinks..!

RichardPB

Reaction score
Picture please. Sounds interesting
Hi Triple,

Here are 2 pictures of the belly pan from different sides of the bike.

MT-09 1 web.jpg
MT-09 3 web.jpg

Cheers,
Rich

Sorry, I thought flydnb was tight, but I must admit that PowerBronze seems even tighter...

What's the great deal, in "I'll have to travel to you, I'm required to have spent £900 more on my bike, you can then borrow my bike for an amount of time and scratch it. For free.
I can then buy a piece of plastic from you for £50 - and then ride home again"?

I'm sorry, where is the benefit, RichardPB, or is just me, that don't under stand the incredible value of this excellent offer, judging from the magnificent beautiful design, your hugger have?

Hi SuperMotoBoy,

Whilst I understand what you are saying, I have been asked to post this to request help from a member on the forum.

At no time are we expecting you to purchase the bellypan if you don't want to.

We will take every care to protect your bike whilst it is in our factory and being test fitted with the belly pan.

I have posted photos of our belly pan for the MT-09, which will be supplied with a steel grill powder coated to the either the race blu wheels or black.

We've done this lots of times and people have always been very helpful, I'm sorry if you feel this not appropriate.

Cheers,
Rich

crotchrocket

Reaction score
Hi Rich,

Im in London. If i were closer i'd pop in with the bike. Looking at your side photo there, I'm not sure you'll get your current pan to fit with modifications to it (cutting bits off i guess?). I can see the line of the downpipes on the Akra are almost vertical whereas the Yamaha pipes follow the angle of the engine. The akra pipes might stick out the bottom of the pan at the front? From what I can see your also loosing a rear mounting point with the akra, unless that mounting point goes up to the OEM exhaust bracket? Hopefully someone could pop in with one.

Also, out of interest, would the pan fit with R&G engine case covers? I wasn't quite sure if you were utilising any engine case bolts for holding it in place.

Stripy

Reaction score
Hi SuperMotoBoy,

At anytime i think it is common to think, that if you need me or my belongings for your benefit and earnings towards your company, you'd compensate for my time and the use of my bike.
But no, i have to get to yours, and should you need the biker longer than a day, it is up to me to arrange a time for picking it up again, having the costs for transport twice.
We will take every care to protect your bike whilst it is in our factory and being test fitted with the belly pan.
And if you tilt it over, damage, scratch - you'd just say "Sorry about that - you can BUY our badly designed plastic thingy, if you want to" ?
I have posted photos of our belly pan for the MT-09, which will be supplied with a steel grill powder coated to the either the race blu wheels or black.
I wish you hadn't. Sorry to say, but your design is not being received well :(
We've done this lots of times and people have always been very helpful, I'm sorry if you feel this not appropriate.
It's not about being inappropriate. It is about, if you are offering a bad deal to your potential customer, just for the sake of your big winnings.
It's also called "taking the Mickey"

I just find it rude, treating your customers that bad. undoubtfully, there will be someone accepting - but for your own sake and reputation, i'd wish you;d up the game and put some proper benefits in to help your business.
If you went on to Dragons Den with this offer, i am sure, Deborah & Mr. Ballentyne will be one of the first to grill you :)

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
At anytime i think it is common to think, that if you need me or my belongings for your benefit and earnings towards your company, you'd compensate for my time and the use of my bike.
But no, i have to get to yours, and should you need the biker longer than a day, it is up to me to arrange a time for picking it up again, having the costs for transport twice.

And if you tilt it over, damage, scratch - you'd just say "Sorry about that - you can BUY our badly designed plastic thingy, if you want to" ?

I wish you hadn't. Sorry to say, but your design is not being received well :(

It's not about being inappropriate. It is about, if you are offering a bad deal to your potential customer, just for the sake of your big winnings.
It's also called "taking the Mickey"

I just find it rude, treating your customers that bad. undoubtfully, there will be someone accepting - but for your own sake and reputation, i'd wish you;d up the game and put some proper benefits in to help your business.
If you went on to Dragons Den with this offer, i am sure, Deborah & Mr. Ballentyne will be one of the first to grill you :)
Please don't sit on the fence about this.... say what you really think pmsl ;)

PaulG

Reaction score
Hi Triple,

Here are 2 pictures of the belly pan from different sides of the bike.

View attachment 618
View attachment 619

Cheers,
Rich

Hi SuperMotoBoy,

Whilst I understand what you are saying, I have been asked to post this to request help from a member on the forum.

Cheers,
Rich
SMB had a similar whine over Nitron's request for a donor bike,seems it's his raison d'etre :rolleyes:

Stripy

Reaction score
Yearp, I'm an old, grumpy git, that have nothing better to do other than moan over greedy bastards :D :eek: