Wear & Tear

Slappyhead

Reaction score
Just interested in what is wearing out on your lovely MT09's. I have hit 10,000 miles this week and still have the whole winter to get through.

So far the only thing (apart from tyres) that has given up on me was a clutch cable at about 6,000 miles.

Has anyone replaced chain or sprockets or brake pads etc yet? Anyone burning oil? Mine hasn't lost any yet.

stevecbr

Reaction score
I know its an old post, but I have hit 20,000 miles this week, still on original chain & sprockets and brake pads. (front pads are getting low, maybe another 2-3000 miles)
No oil burning issues, and finish still looks good, and has now seen 3 British winters

Steely

Reaction score
i replaced the chain and sprockets at 9,200 miles. The sprockets were OK, but the chain had one sticky link that, no matter how I cleaned and lubed the chain, would stiffen up again after a few hundred miles. No other problems to report.

I had no problem with the original Dunlops, except they wore out in no time flat. I fitted PR4's front and rear after just 2,100 miles, and had to replace the rear again at 7,100 miles. Now at 9,800 miles, and both are wearing well. I wouldn't be surprised if I get 11-12,000 miles out of the front.

Last edited: