Well ....I sat on one

jond201

Reaction score
Yep, made my way over to the dealer in the pi**ing rain today and I sat on it. Verdict? The seat IS hard and gives the impression you'd soon be sliding forward under force of inertia. However, what really struck me about the MT-09 was how bloody small it is, almost like a toy, albeit perfectly formed. The wheels looked tiny .....or was it because they were a long way away? (I'm 6'4"), or is it cos I ride a V-Strom? Anyhow, no test ride :( They won't let you out if it's wet so got to wait for a dry day...:cool:

flydnb

Reaction score
its a small bike physically and weighs less than those cb500 twins that Honda do with 47 bhp, my mate is 6ft 5 he sat on an mt 09 and he looked like he was on a monkey bike, i think the bike is fine up to around the 6ft mark but if your taller you might find it to small, i think the bike companies don't cater for the really tall and i think part of this is due to the emerging markets like Indonesia and india and china where anyone over 6ft is very rare, i think really tall people have a far smaller choice nowadays compared to the old days when even a 250 was quite a big bike if you look at bikes like the old wet dreams and gsx250 and xs 250, bikes have got smaller so only the adventure bikes like the big bmws and super tens seem to fit big people.

jond201

Reaction score
I think really tall people have a far smaller choice nowadays compared to the old days when even a 250 was quite a big bike if you look at bikes like the old wet dreams and gsx250 and xs 250, bikes have got smaller so only the adventure bikes like the big bmws and super tens seem to fit big people.
My first bike was a BSA Starfire 250 which was touted as a metamorphosis of the C15. The Starfire looked like a 650 in comparison which was a big enough reason for getting it way back then. Anyhow, I'm determined to test ride the MT-09 if only to establish beyond reasonable doubt that it IS too small for me .....we'll see :)

Last edited: