What action cameras do you all use please ?

razz

Reaction score
Morning all , I enjoy watching the videos from onboard footage , which cameras do you find the best ? A waterproof one would be handy , go-pro 3+ Seem a lot of money or is that what's needed for good footage ?

Cheers

RipGroove

Reaction score
Personally have the GoPro 3 Black, any camera that does 1080p and 60fps should be fine. New GoPro Black + can be had for £250 on ebay rather than the £350 rrp.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've got the contour roam2. Waterproof without the need for a bulky case. It's a brilliant camera

ACE CAFE MEET FRIDAY 27th JUNE @ 6pm

razz

Reaction score
Thanks everyone , I've spotted the ghost can too , so many choices , I'll look for the best price n just get one , sounds like you tube spoils it anyway , but direct from cam to tv is best

RipGroove

Reaction score
Wort noting also that you'll need a decent memory card, usually a brand named class 10. HD footage needs a good quick card to record to. Most camera companiew will recommend a handful of cards and in my experience you need to follow their advice. Cheap class 10's don't always perform correctly. Also when buying a card try to stay away from ebay as there's 1000's of fake cards on there that look good but are not genuine ones or not actually class 10. Sadly SD cards are something that is popular to be faked as genuine brand name class 10's can be pricy.

Fakeblonde

Reaction score
Used a Drift HD for this footage.
Helmet mounted cam is preference, less vibration and more feel of travelling as cam moves with the head.

Stripy

Reaction score
Morning all , I enjoy watching the videos from onboard footage , which cameras do you find the best ? A waterproof one would be handy , go-pro 3+ Seem a lot of money or is that what's needed for good footage ?

Cheers
Liquid Image Ego 727

crotchrocket

Reaction score
I use a Drift HD Ghost with an external mic, which is mounted in my helmet. Camera is waterproof without a separate case.

[video=youtube_share;1DBMGFsXswE]http://youtu.be/1DBMGFsXswE[/video]

Peachy00

Reaction score
Midland XTC-300, its a bit wobbly as this was first time out. Wasn't sure where to mount it. And now have a piece of sponge infront of the mic, so sound is better.

[video=youtube;c-gRv_4ul1k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-gRv_4ul1k[/video]

RipGroove

Reaction score
My YouTube channel is rather baron atm, but here's some footage of me taken on my Hero 3 Black:

Remember to watch in 1080p
[video=youtube_share;-dl53Qwy7O0]http://youtu.be/-dl53Qwy7O0[/video]

W8ENN

Reaction score
That guy following you isn't as quick ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chipfatbob

Reaction score
Drift HD Ghost. Spent many hours trying to decide on the right cam. In my opinion, the picture quality on the Hero 3+ is better, but the mounting profile and position-able lens made the Drift HD Ghost my choice. Added to that, you can pick up a new one with a whole bunch of accessories for around £250.

RipGroove

Reaction score
TBH if you do go for a GoPro and don't want to spend ages tossing around with color correction then an older Hero2 might be better, video looks better than the H3 straight out of the camera plus they'll be pretty cheap now. Hero3 footage looks a little bland right out of the camera and usually requires some color tweaks to get it looking nice.

Jay Cee

Reaction score
Hero3 black use it in pro tune and the colours are fine but adding gradient colour is alway cool looking to any video ;)

RipGroove

Reaction score
Hero3 black use it in pro tune and the colours are fine but adding gradient colour is alway cool looking to any video ;)
Only prob with that is shooting in protune mode the files are huuuuuge!

Jay Cee

Reaction score
Yeah I know I'm running out of space on my 4TB hard drive with all the photo's and video I got :(

RipGroove

Reaction score
Yeah I know I'm running out of space on my 4TB hard drive with all the photo's and video I got :(
The hidden costs of video editing! I had to upgrade my PC quite a lot to be able to handle the files, as a by product thougj I've ended up with a pretty sweet gaming rig now [emoji3]

marki53

Reaction score
i have aSJ4000 action cam - looks like a GoPro, does fantastic videos in 1920x1080 30fps...

well crafted , really cheap and GoPro mounts fit on that one, too

Jay Cee

Reaction score
i have aSJ4000 action cam - looks like a GoPro, does fantastic videos in 1920x1080 30fps...

well crafted , really cheap and GoPro mounts fit on that one, too
I have read about them they look well good for the money would consider one when the go pro dies and tbh its my third one they don't last long